Used 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Just bought my SECOND SLS!
By akvavit

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with the Seville the first time I saw on in the mid 1990s. I bought my first, a 1994 SLS in 2002, Blue/Blue, 24k miles, yes 8 years old and 24k miles. Loved the car for 6 years and over 100k miles until it developed a bad engine knock in NWT, Canada. Did not have the funds or service option so I sold it cheap. The only major problem I had with the car was oil leaks, which I have heard is common w/Northstar. Wasted 2-4 grand trying to fix it. Last month I bought my second SLS, a 1995 Green/beige w/carriage top. This one had only 21.4k miles anc cost $5,000. A new Civic at the dealership was $20 grand. No brainer!!

I am going to drive this one easier than the first, no more 70 to 100 mpg to give the 'finger' to tailgaters on the Interstate. LOL Hopefully this will avoid the oil leaks problem, none so far, and if it does I will just keep some spare quarts in the trunk. This car has been getting 17.6-18 mpg city and expecting 28 mpg on long trips. As soon as I get out of stop an go driving, even on 45-50 mph roads, the average MPG starts to climb! Love the power, mileage, trip computer, heated seats on this one, styling. Oh, EVERYTHING!

Love this car
By rick

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I'm not rich so I have to wait years before I can get the car I want. I found this car with 80,000 miles on it a one owner and looks bring new. Still has the sicker price from 1995, $46,720 that was a lot of money for a car. But now that I got one it's worth every penny of that. The Bose system is great. The gas mileage is OK 20.4 in town. I would buy a new one today if I could afford it.

Bose system, heated seats, sporty looks, and Northstar power plant.

My Cadi SLS
By Jim

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I have had the car since almost new. It has needed a few repairs fuel pump after 10 years, HVAC blower/fan blower motor after 10 years, engine fan after 13 years. I don't regard these as major items. The vehicle rides great (after replacing sway bar bushings $10) these make the car sound so much better after going over bumps. Should be replaced every few years as they get hard and allow the noise to get in. Car is excellent! I would purchase another when I think there is no more life in this one.

Engine and tranny

Fuel mileage, ease of maintenance. Anything in engine compartment that needs to be replaced needs to have engine lowered.

Very Fast / Sips Fuel
By vicar

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

My 1995 Cadillac Seville does 0-60 in 6.6 sec., which is quick by any standard. There are lots of embarrassed hotshots driving Infiniti G35s, Infiniti FX35s, some elderly Camaros & Mustangs wondering what happened. Also, noted a number of complaints regarding fuel mileage - my experience is just the opposite- I can't believe a vehicle with this kind of performance gets 19.8 mpg in mixed city driving and 26 to 28 mpg at 70 to 80 mph on the highway. Amazing- or maybe I have a light foot. My 2005 Honda CRV gets 21 mpg in the city and 26 to 28 mpg on the highway and it sure doesn't crank like the Caddy.

Power, fuel mileage, computerised dash instrument panel readouts. Makes the time go by on long trips.

Needs more cabin storage cubbies. Telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Back seat virtually impossible for old folks to get out of. Back door is huge and unless you want to ding the car next to you its necessary that you disembark your passengers before pulling all the way into a parking space.

great used car purchase
By spoonie

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

needed a new fuel pressure regulator and some TLC, but with a set of Michelins added,, it has been a great car. Will buy another. At 140,000 miles , it is going strong.

Comfort and road performance.

none