Used 1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Great Car
By tamerz

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 95 STS. This car is amazingly comfortable and great ride. It is powerful engine rolls this huge car well. I am very impressed with it and working on getting the stereo and other parts upgraded to my specifications. Looking to get white rim wheels for it at some point if I find ones that fit the bill.

Favorite Features

The engine on this car is amazing. It needed some services and once fixed right; this car is a monster drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better mag wheels and stereo. Otherwise, this car is a great buy.

Just bought my SECOND SLS!
By akvavit

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan SLS 4dr Sedan

I fell in love with the Seville the first time I saw on in the mid 1990s. I bought my first, a 1994 SLS in 2002, Blue/Blue, 24k miles, yes 8 years old and 24k miles. Loved the car for 6 years and over 100k miles until it developed a bad engine knock in NWT, Canada. Did not have the funds or service option so I sold it cheap. The only major problem I had with the car was oil leaks, which I have heard is common w/Northstar. Wasted 2-4 grand trying to fix it. Last month I bought my second SLS, a 1995 Green/beige w/carriage top. This one had only 21.4k miles anc cost $5,000. A new Civic at the dealership was $20 grand. No brainer!!

Favorite Features

I am going to drive this one easier than the first, no more 70 to 100 mpg to give the 'finger' to tailgaters on the Interstate. LOL Hopefully this will avoid the oil leaks problem, none so far, and if it does I will just keep some spare quarts in the trunk. This car has been getting 17.6-18 mpg city and expecting 28 mpg on long trips. As soon as I get out of stop an go driving, even on 45-50 mph roads, the average MPG starts to climb! Love the power, mileage, trip computer, heated seats on this one, styling. Oh, EVERYTHING!

Nothing Compares..not even new!
By greyhip

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased when 2 yrs old. It is the most awesome vehicle in so many ways. When you compare the features it came with in 1995 to the features offered today, it was way ahead of its time. The body style is head turning and it is difficult to tell what year it is from the body style as the cts today looks very similar. Maintenance has been minimal to non existent. I only have 80,000 miles on her but I too, will never own any other make of car other than Cadillac. This vehicle is a blast to drive on the interstate, it is a cruising machine, quiet, smooth and gets up the asphalt when necessary! It has all you could ever want, looks,dependability and power. I would highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Heated windshield, seats,bose system, Chorme wheels and of course the Northstar Engine.

Suggested Improvements

My only suggestion would have been to continue to offer the heated windshield. They didn't offer all wheel drive in 1995 but they do now and that would have been nice as I live in the Northern part of US.

15 years of a GREAT CAR
By Carol Ditto

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I ordered her new in '95/have LOVED her ever since. She is still one of THE hottest driving & looking cars around (shale w/custom navy coach top & RR grille). I STILL constantly get compliments on her- even from the younger generation. Loaned her to my son/thought I'd never get her back. Essentially routine maintenace with a few expected things now that she just turned over 100Kmiles & is just NOW after 15 YEARS due for her first tune up. In ALL OF 15 yrs, have replaced a/c compressor,1 set of brakes EVER,radiator core,water pump @ 70K miles& just recently, the transmission at99Kmiles/a brand new one cost 1700. - figure that's pretty cheap after 15 years of essentially trouble free driving! -

Favorite Features

The comfort, the POWER, good visibility, the classic HOT good looks to her lines. I'll probably keep her forever -never had a car I liked as much. Always a head turner and could always outrun most anything, and still gets 17-19 city / 27-28 highway. No fuss - just get in and drive.

Suggested Improvements

after 15 years I am STILL happy with her, every time I think about trading her off, I can never find anything to compare to the beauty, speed, weight, safety and low maintenance. Found out 4 yrs ago, she will run perfectly fine on mid octaine gas/ does NOT need premium that I used all these years

best decision. ever.
By kurtw

1995 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

i bought this car 6 years ago with almost 100,000 miles on it. it now has almost 150k and it is still awesome. super fast! and so advanced technically for a 95! considering the 300hp v8 engine it has surprisingly good fuel economy. the only thing ive replaced is the LED third brake light which is a common problem and the fuel line which is actually a recalled gm problem that gm paid for. i love this car and will miss it when im gone. it is the best purchase of my life! im a cadillac man forever now.

Favorite Features

northstar engine, wheels, power air locking trunk, smooth ride, power, on board computer

Suggested Improvements

none none NONE!!