1994 Cadillac Seville Consumer Review: what-a-car!

1994 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Review

By lars linden on

1994 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

The Northstar motor in my 1994 Cadillac Seville STS is terrific! Smooth and powerful. I have 145,000 miles and between changes it uses only the oil to lower the level on the dipstick to "add". But why add when it is time to change anyway. The oil life remaining in percentage is a neat feature. Much highway driving will yield as much as 7,000 miles between changes. Gas mileage is between 18 and 22 m.p.g. (city or highway). The cruise control feature I use extensively and is slick. Set it for 8 m.p.h over the speed limit and I am in no danger of getting a ticket. The leather is nice, trunk space is abundant, and the dashboard display is good.

I love the Northstar motor its smoothness and power, durability, and economy of operation. This car's drivability and handling are excellent. The display panel is very useful. The cruise control is very helpful. Its fit and finish are terrific. I protected the paint and kept it looking nice with "Pledge" It has good leather qaulity.

My only bellyache is the Fuel Control Actuator. It carbons up and sticks or hesitates, which causes small but annoying R.P.M. anomolies. If it gets stuck rich, idle will be erratic and smelly black smoke will be exausted. Also, the plastic guards below the grill and forward of the front wheels are flimsey