1994 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

1994 Seville Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Sort Reviews by

1994 cadillac sts
By walter van horn

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

purchased car with 94,000 miles, now have 116,000 did normal services, tires, brakes,cooling system, repaired wires that shorted out going to fuel injectors. Car runs well gets 17 to 26 miles a gallon. Bose stereo is great, handles well, ac compressor went out have to be replaced. car is driven to work 25 miles a day but performs well on the road at 70 to 75 mph

Favorite Features

handling, power and Bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

auto dimming headlights, car should burn reg gas not premium

94 STS
By matt

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

i am a proud owner of a 1994 Seville sts. this car drives and rides like a dream i purchased this car for a very good price the only problem is , i spent more on repairs than i paid for the car. don't get me wrong i love this car but the very sensitive Northstar engine demands maintenance. failure to do so will result in very expensive repairs

Favorite Features

the car is beautiful inside and out. but i have to say my fav feature is that powerful 300hp v8 northstar engine

Suggested Improvements

nothing they made this car perfect for 1994

Whatever happened to American muscle?
By CLAYDOUGH

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this from a man who took great care of it. I was quite surprised with the power put in such a heavy car. I love driving it on this extremely hot Georgia days. Plus the engine is over 10 years old and still smooth as a brand new engine, not to mention virtualy impossible to destroy.

Favorite Features

I would say the handling and comfort. Next would be the power (esp. after you supercharge one). Also the fact that power upgrades are quite affordable. Compare a Cool Air Induction for a newer Japanese car, you will be amazed at the price difference. It also handles wonderful for such a big car.

Suggested Improvements

The interior, although mine is over 10yrs. old, it seems for such an expensive car the leather interior would last a little longer. Also the air conditioning controls (someone was slacking that day).

It is a Great Car!
By green1994

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The Seville has been preety good to me over the last eleven years. I have had to replace a couple of things on it in the last year that have gotten a little out of wack, but this is to be expected with any car over ten years old. The car otherwise is great and I see it still being around for a long time. It is still holding up pretty well. It still has a great ride and it works really well as long as it's maintenance is up to date. I would never trade this car, not even for a new CTS. I recommend a Cadillac to anyone and I know. They just make them even better with time.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would be the roomy interror, the spacious trunk, the great sound system, and the V8 engine. The color, leather, and woodgrain compliment the car even more.

Suggested Improvements

I haven't checked on a CTS since they have been made, but when the Northstar was designed, they put a lot of things under the hood in hard to reach places for mechanics, makeing labor costly. I'm sure things have improved since then.

Great Car, Love It
By howard haas

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

This is my second Cadillac. I have loved the body style of the '94 Seville STS for years and finally bought one. My car is white diamond and man does it look good in that color. The car has great performance and is fun to drive. The only drawback is the cup holders stink, they are too small and too short.

STS review
By guy jones

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

best front wheel drive sedan I have owned.

Favorite Features

Power...look.....comfort

Suggested Improvements

gas milage

what-a-car!
By lars linden

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The Northstar motor in my 1994 Cadillac Seville STS is terrific! Smooth and powerful. I have 145,000 miles and between changes it uses only the oil to lower the level on the dipstick to "add". But why add when it is time to change anyway. The oil life remaining in percentage is a neat feature. Much highway driving will yield as much as 7,000 miles between changes. Gas mileage is between 18 and 22 m.p.g. (city or highway). The cruise control feature I use extensively and is slick. Set it for 8 m.p.h over the speed limit and I am in no danger of getting a ticket. The leather is nice, trunk space is abundant, and the dashboard display is good.

Favorite Features

I love the Northstar motor its smoothness and power, durability, and economy of operation. This car's drivability and handling are excellent. The display panel is very useful. The cruise control is very helpful. Its fit and finish are terrific. I protected the paint and kept it looking nice with "Pledge" It has good leather qaulity.

Suggested Improvements

My only bellyache is the Fuel Control Actuator. It carbons up and sticks or hesitates, which causes small but annoying R.P.M. anomolies. If it gets stuck rich, idle will be erratic and smelly black smoke will be exausted. Also, the plastic guards below the grill and forward of the front wheels are flimsey

It opened the FAST Sedan Market
By LeadFoot

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The 1994 Cadillac Seville is really a wonderful car especially when you consider their now low market value. This car was a real plus for me especially when street racing. This grandma car can sock it to a lot of unsuspecting sports cars, and it is all packaged within a four- door sedan, ultimately meaning lower insurance. If you want a car that is fast enough to smoke the V-8 sports cars but still rides like a dream this is the car for you. The one downside can be suspected, the V8 engine drinks the fuel down in town, but out on the open road cruising at 80 mph you can expect anywhere from 20-28 mpg. Overall this is a comfortable, fast luxury sedan that doesn't like to putts around in town.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is definitely the Northstar drivetrain. This engine is as solid as a rock, and if you end-up having problems it will be due to the electrical system not the mechanics. Key thing with this car is to always make sure you have it grounded otherwise the electronics will go crazy.

Suggested Improvements

If you're looking to purchase one of these cars I would try to find a good '95 or '96, they were the fastest then but they had the suspension problems worked out, the newer models are actually less aerodynamic and are not near as fast so if you want to go new, go for something 2002 or up.

94 STS Review
By gridley7

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Overall the quality of the vehicle is top notch, but I have had the transmission and A/C Compressor replaced in the last year. Both were very expensive repairs, but worth it considering the overall value of the car. All repairs are expensive. I would own another STS, but not without a warranty.

Favorite Features

Number one is the sound of the engine on acceleration. Next would be the body style. I know it may be getting old to some, but I'll miss it when they change it.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seat and tilt wheel settings, heated rear seats, and more variable ATC (most of which are probably available on newer models).

A great car
By JWrightCA

1994 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

This has been my second Seville. The first was a 1976 classic that I had for fourteen years and 165,000 miles. Loved it. This one -- in the white diamond with tan interior -- has been a flawless car and I like it as much today as I did then. It has been completely reliable, very stylish, nothing but ordinary maintenance. A gem.

Favorite Features

Seat heaters ...

Suggested Improvements

None except maybe the new bells and whistles available on new models, like On-Star or navigation systems.