Used 1994 Cadillac Seville Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Driving with my SLS
By Di

1994 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

My 1994 Cadillac Seville is wonderfully powerful and gets me down the road in fine style. It has quick acceleration with it's V8 Northstar engine. I have 135,000 miles on the car now and the interior is still in showroom condition. I recently replaced the shaft on the torque converter (cracked), installed a new water pump and new battery. She still runs strong and steady at this mileage and I hope to have her for years to come.

Favorite Features

I love the light bar across the back of the trunk. Also, the seats are very comfortable and the accessories are adequate. Love the extra large truck space, too! She meets my needs; even holds my coffee cup! :>)

Suggested Improvements

Auto-dimming headlights would be nice. More durable exterior paint would help also as it tends to chip/ding very easily even with the best of care. All-in-all, she is okay by me and suits my road requirements.

Great used luxury ride
By James Bartlett

1994 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

Bought my SLS at 33,000 miles, now at 91,000 miles -- very reliable, but repairs can be expensive -- the extended warranty saved me, but has now expired. I could buy another car, but this one still looks new and drives great. Dreading future repairs.

Favorite Features

Warm Zebrano wood dash and console -- absolutely beautiful touch. Northstar is great. 26 MPG on highway. Still looks elegant.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better sound isolation, and the engineer who designed the AC controls with no recirculation/exterior option should be fired and his pension slashed. Don't the people who design these cars ever drive them?

Seville Quality
By clarke

1994 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

After 140,000 miles this is a solid performer with no major problems. We have newer cars but this is the vehicle of choice, especially for long trips.

Favorite Features

Traction control keeps the power from getting out of hand.

Suggested Improvements

None

Seville SLS (get an extended warranty)
By dsm1lge

1994 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

Would highly recommend extended warranty if you buy. Purchased with 62,000 Replaced, alternator, transmission, struts, within three years. Also had major oil leak a 3K repair. Thanks to extended warranty I paid 800.00 out of pocket on 7k worth of repairs. All repairs are expensive expecially at the Cadillac dealer.

Favorite Features

Power/acceleration.

Seville Woes
By heagil

1994 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

I've owned 2 Cadillacs so far, and they were absolutely wonderful Automobiles until they hit 70,000 miles, both vehicles disintegrated before my eyes. I have paid more in repairs for the Seville than I paid for it in the first place. In the last year I have had to replace the transmission, water pump, shocks and struts, power window motor, front brake calipers and rotors.

Favorite Features

Northstar has tremendous power and acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Quality control is severly distressed at Cadillac, the items that went wrong on both of mine should never have happened. I could almost understand if I drove these cars hard, but thats not the case. I work 6 miles from home and generally the only time we used them was for my work.