Don't Believe the Hype
By V-Chip on
1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan
I purchased my 1993 Cadillac Seville from a little old man with a tall stack of dealer receipts.This car was a cream puff, and for only $7,000! Everything was fine until about six weeks ago. I had done the usual (tune-up, regular maintenance, battery, alternator). All of this was very expensive, but what the heck, I had a sweet Cadillac that I planned on enjoying for years to come - Wrong. The transmission quit at just over 100,000 miles and shortly thereafter the vaunted Northstar engine backfired so severely that the intake manifold shattered. $1,600 hundred dollars later I am now afraid to even start this heap of junk and will be forced to sell. I am a lifelong Cadillac fanatic who was hoping they finally turned the corner after that long 1977 - 1989 drought, bit I was wrong.
Favorite Features
The powerful motor and creature comforts.
Suggested Improvements
This car was terrible in the snow. Also try some quality control-I was left stranded three times in two years by a weekend car that was babied it's whole life. Think long and hard before buying these glorified garbage cans - I am not alone with this tale of misery.