1993 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

1993 Seville Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Sort Reviews by

Very Fun to Drive
By beringsea56

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The northstar engine has plenty of power to pass cars on the freeway or just when getting around town My down side has been the 3rd gear selonoid went out and the waterpump had to be replaced other than that I'd buy one again my car is black on black paint

Favorite Features

Black leather interior Stif suspension

Suggested Improvements

A cd player that works, at least it has a am/fm that works

oil leaks
By noromeo4juliet

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The Cadillac I purchased is my second Cadillac that continues to amaze me with the high quality of performance. I also have an eighty six Seville that has 158,000 miles and I have never had any problems on it until recently. The one problem I have noticed is the problem with oil leaks in both cadillacs that started at about 120,000 miles. Thinking it was changed in later years to a different type engine, but it gets pricey to fix as you usually have to drop the engine to get it repaired. Other than that I would recommend and buy again. Excellent car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature in both cadillacs is the Bose stereo system. Wow. Great sound. Also love the heated seats in the winter. Outstanding. Oh, the fuel monitor system is the best.

Suggested Improvements

My two suggestions are to have the problem with the oil leaks looked at and the steering,joints need looking into.

Pearl white dream
By D2

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I love my Caddy. I have owned many. I thought my 84 Seville classic with the tire in the back and the big grille was great except for the dreaded HT4100 motor but my 93 is great. It's a Cali car so no rust, perfect pearl white paint. I love this car. It still flys with a 150,000 miles. I have changed the oil one time with Mobil 1 and filled it with super since day one and she's been good to me. My only complaint is the water pump housing and the taillight that fogs in the rainy season but small prices to pay for 11 years of style and perfomance. I'll take this car to my grave. And yes I own a new DTS and like my 93 more. Maybe it's a sentimental but oh well

Favorite Features

The computer checks the systems everytime you start the car. And the digital coolant temp, heated seats, and the sweet sound the motor makes.

Suggested Improvements

Tail light needs to be sealed better.

1993 Cadillac Seville STS
By Sam Morris

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The 1993 Cadillac Seville STS with 295 HP on board, the Northstar 4.6L made it a legitimate performance car. Additionally, such items as equal-length driveshafts, a new electronically controlled 4T80-E transmission, fluidic engine mounts and Bosch ASRIIU traction control, are just a few items of technology packed into the 1993 Cadillac Seville STS. The 1993 Cadillac Seville STS displays fine road manners and a rock-solid feel, thanks to a stiffened chassis. Its road noise was reduced, and its improved engine-mounting better isolated the V8 from the passenger compartment. Its acceleration is brisk with the 4.6-liter engine, never lacking for strength whether in the city or on the highway.

Favorite Features

The speed-dependent Computer Command Ride adds to the secure feel of the STS. The stiff tires give the STS impressive handling. Its head room is ample, in the front and rear. Adult knees aren't likely to press into the front seat back. The wide rear doors make entry/exit a snap. The engine produces the sweetest sound.

Suggested Improvements

There has never been a Cadillac sedan like this one when it comes to performance. In fact, there aren't many sedans that measure up to this kind of performance.

Best Engine Ever Made
By Caddyman

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Not only does the Cadillac Seville house the best engine ever made, but it's also a blast to drive. The comfort is amazing, the power is astonishing and yet you still can get 27 MPG on the highway. Amazing. The car has a very sleek look for it's age. I was amazed by the looks of it. I thought it was a 2001! Simply put, it's the best car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be the engine for how reliable, effiecient and powerful it is.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely nothing.

Don't Believe the Hype
By V-Chip

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1993 Cadillac Seville from a little old man with a tall stack of dealer receipts.This car was a cream puff, and for only $7,000! Everything was fine until about six weeks ago. I had done the usual (tune-up, regular maintenance, battery, alternator). All of this was very expensive, but what the heck, I had a sweet Cadillac that I planned on enjoying for years to come - Wrong. The transmission quit at just over 100,000 miles and shortly thereafter the vaunted Northstar engine backfired so severely that the intake manifold shattered. $1,600 hundred dollars later I am now afraid to even start this heap of junk and will be forced to sell. I am a lifelong Cadillac fanatic who was hoping they finally turned the corner after that long 1977 - 1989 drought, bit I was wrong.

Favorite Features

The powerful motor and creature comforts.

Suggested Improvements

This car was terrible in the snow. Also try some quality control-I was left stranded three times in two years by a weekend car that was babied it's whole life. Think long and hard before buying these glorified garbage cans - I am not alone with this tale of misery.

Super Seville
By iltorino

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Seville is an impressive car. I am always happy to drive it, and whenever I have anyone with me, they always love the car. It's older, but it looks great and I get a lot of looks.

Favorite Features

Body style, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

More solid construction of interior...it has a few squeaks and rattles.

93 Cad Sev Review
By AskTony

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Drives and handles like a sports car. All leather interior, cruise control, CD Radio.

Favorite Features

Power and clean body lines.

Love My STS
By David Selby

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I purchase my STS in Sept. 98. It had 93,000 mile now has 153,000 miles. I did the first tuneup at 120,000 miles. I have always followed the dealer service recommendations ( except the tuneup, the car was running greatbut got a little rough at 120K so did the tuneup) They are not cheap. Replaced the radiator at 140,000 miles. Other than that all other repairs were normal maintenance. Great car. I plan on purchasing another this fall.

Favorite Features

Great driving and handling. excelleration is fantastic. That Northstar engine is a dream! I love the interior. Has a great european fell without the price. Sound system is beautiful. can't say enough about all its features.

Suggested Improvements

Need more room in back seat. Trunk is also limited. Not a car you can travel with another couple on a long trip.

Good ride, But it would goes BOOM
By man

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Great riding car I enjoy the powerful motor. But the fuel injection continues to explode. And cadlilac tech could not tell me why but they charged me $1800. to put some type of kit on the fuel injection housing. But it still back fires while starting.

Favorite Features

The strong ride performance and the interior design is great. The car has a a beautiful design inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Find some one who can tell why the fuel injection sytem continues to back fire and cracks fuel injection case. I had to pay $1800 twice before they came up with some kind of kit. Was I ripped off or was there a recall that i paid for.