Used 1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Very Fun to Drive
By beringsea56

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The northstar engine has plenty of power to pass cars on the freeway or just when getting around town My down side has been the 3rd gear selonoid went out and the waterpump had to be replaced other than that I'd buy one again my car is black on black paint

Black leather interior Stif suspension

A cd player that works, at least it has a am/fm that works

My First Car
By Skumpy

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok i'm a teen driver and it's my first car and in my opinion it is most definitely a great car if taken car of. However if it isn't, things start falling apart left and right, and due to the mess of features available for this, it's an expensive fix and a pain to find parts. A lot of power i think, and the turning is extremely comfortable. Inside is a little cramped at times but the all digital display is pretty cool. Very low to the ground so you need to be wary of where you are driving and slightly careful. Only downside is the size, which is only a problem due to parking. The size of the hood and the height make it hard to see the spaces around you, which is a pain in parking lots.

Comfort of the ride, including steering and power of the engine

Size of the hood due to parking, fuel economy. more spaces available for cd's, only holds four and the glove box doesn't hold very much either.

oil leaks
By noromeo4juliet

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The Cadillac I purchased is my second Cadillac that continues to amaze me with the high quality of performance. I also have an eighty six Seville that has 158,000 miles and I have never had any problems on it until recently. The one problem I have noticed is the problem with oil leaks in both cadillacs that started at about 120,000 miles. Thinking it was changed in later years to a different type engine, but it gets pricey to fix as you usually have to drop the engine to get it repaired. Other than that I would recommend and buy again. Excellent car.

My favorite feature in both cadillacs is the Bose stereo system. Wow. Great sound. Also love the heated seats in the winter. Outstanding. Oh, the fuel monitor system is the best.

My two suggestions are to have the problem with the oil leaks looked at and the steering,joints need looking into.

Pearl white dream
By D2

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I love my Caddy. I have owned many. I thought my 84 Seville classic with the tire in the back and the big grille was great except for the dreaded HT4100 motor but my 93 is great. It's a Cali car so no rust, perfect pearl white paint. I love this car. It still flys with a 150,000 miles. I have changed the oil one time with Mobil 1 and filled it with super since day one and she's been good to me. My only complaint is the water pump housing and the taillight that fogs in the rainy season but small prices to pay for 11 years of style and perfomance. I'll take this car to my grave. And yes I own a new DTS and like my 93 more. Maybe it's a sentimental but oh well

The computer checks the systems everytime you start the car. And the digital coolant temp, heated seats, and the sweet sound the motor makes.

Tail light needs to be sealed better.

1993 Cadillac Seville STS
By Sam Morris

1993 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

The 1993 Cadillac Seville STS with 295 HP on board, the Northstar 4.6L made it a legitimate performance car. Additionally, such items as equal-length driveshafts, a new electronically controlled 4T80-E transmission, fluidic engine mounts and Bosch ASRIIU traction control, are just a few items of technology packed into the 1993 Cadillac Seville STS. The 1993 Cadillac Seville STS displays fine road manners and a rock-solid feel, thanks to a stiffened chassis. Its road noise was reduced, and its improved engine-mounting better isolated the V8 from the passenger compartment. Its acceleration is brisk with the 4.6-liter engine, never lacking for strength whether in the city or on the highway.

The speed-dependent Computer Command Ride adds to the secure feel of the STS. The stiff tires give the STS impressive handling. Its head room is ample, in the front and rear. Adult knees aren't likely to press into the front seat back. The wide rear doors make entry/exit a snap. The engine produces the sweetest sound.

There has never been a Cadillac sedan like this one when it comes to performance. In fact, there aren't many sedans that measure up to this kind of performance.