1993 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Very Fun to Drive
By beringsea56 on 02/19/10 01:15 AM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

The northstar engine has plenty of power to pass cars on the freeway or just when getting around town My down side has been the 3rd gear selonoid went out and the waterpump had to be replaced other than that I'd buy one again my car is black on black paint

My First Car
By Skumpy on 01/08/10 09:31 AM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

Ok i'm a teen driver and it's my first car and in my opinion it is most definitely a great car if taken car of. However if it isn't, things start falling apart left and right, and due to the mess of features available for this, it's an expensive fix and a pain to find parts. A lot of power i think, and the turning is extremely comfortable. Inside is a little cramped at times but the all digital display is pretty cool. Very low to the ground so you need to be wary of where you are driving and slightly careful. Only downside is the size, which is only a problem due to parking. The size of the hood and the height make it hard to see the spaces around you, which is a pain in parking lots.

oil leaks
By noromeo4juliet on 03/30/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

The Cadillac I purchased is my second Cadillac that continues to amaze me with the high quality of performance. I also have an eighty six Seville that has 158,000 miles and I have never had any problems on it until recently. The one problem I have noticed is the problem with oil leaks in both cadillacs that started at about 120,000 miles. Thinking it was changed in later years to a different type engine, but it gets pricey to fix as you usually have to drop the engine to get it repaired. Other than that I would recommend and buy again. Excellent car.

Pearl white dream
By D2 on 12/01/08 22:21 PM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I love my Caddy. I have owned many. I thought my 84 Seville classic with the tire in the back and the big grille was great except for the dreaded HT4100 motor but my 93 is great. It's a Cali car so no rust, perfect pearl white paint. I love this car. It still flys with a 150,000 miles. I have changed the oil one time with Mobil 1 and filled it with super since day one and she's been good to me. My only complaint is the water pump housing and the taillight that fogs in the rainy season but small prices to pay for 11 years of style and perfomance. I'll take this car to my grave. And yes I own a new DTS and like my 93 more. Maybe it's a sentimental but oh well

1993 Cadillac Seville STS
By Sam Morris on 02/11/07 10:15 AM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

The 1993 Cadillac Seville STS with 295 HP on board, the Northstar 4.6L made it a legitimate performance car. Additionally, such items as equal-length driveshafts, a new electronically controlled 4T80-E transmission, fluidic engine mounts and Bosch ASRIIU traction control, are just a few items of technology packed into the 1993 Cadillac Seville STS. The 1993 Cadillac Seville STS displays fine road manners and a rock-solid feel, thanks to a stiffened chassis. Its road noise was reduced, and its improved engine-mounting better isolated the V8 from the passenger compartment. Its acceleration is brisk with the 4.6-liter engine, never lacking for strength whether in the city or on the highway.

Best Engine Ever Made
By Caddyman on 07/07/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Not only does the Cadillac Seville house the best engine ever made, but it's also a blast to drive. The comfort is amazing, the power is astonishing and yet you still can get 27 MPG on the highway. Amazing. The car has a very sleek look for it's age. I was amazed by the looks of it. I thought it was a 2001! Simply put, it's the best car I've ever owned.

Don't Believe the Hype
By V-Chip on 12/14/04 21:05 PM (PST)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1993 Cadillac Seville from a little old man with a tall stack of dealer receipts.This car was a cream puff, and for only $7,000! Everything was fine until about six weeks ago. I had done the usual (tune-up, regular maintenance, battery, alternator). All of this was very expensive, but what the heck, I had a sweet Cadillac that I planned on enjoying for years to come - Wrong. The transmission quit at just over 100,000 miles and shortly thereafter the vaunted Northstar engine backfired so severely that the intake manifold shattered. $1,600 hundred dollars later I am now afraid to even start this heap of junk and will be forced to sell. I am a lifelong Cadillac fanatic who was hoping they finally turned the corner after that long 1977 - 1989 drought, bit I was wrong.

1993 Cadillac Seville
By richard blair on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

Eleven years of roomy, comfortable, powerful head turning pleasure. Maintainence includes brake pads, oil changes, one radiator hose and one radiator( in the tenth year). It's understandable why MT selected this model as Car of the Year for the second consecutive year in 1993. All this with an annual depreciation cost of about $2,600 per year.

great car/good service
By shot on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car 3yrs old.I got great service over the last eight years.I love this car.

Super Seville
By iltorino on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Cadillac Seville STS 4dr Sedan

Seville is an impressive car. I am always happy to drive it, and whenever I have anyone with me, they always love the car. It's older, but it looks great and I get a lot of looks.