1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4.9L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1992 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

1992 Seville Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
It made me want to test drive a new one
By 213inc.

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 112000 miles. The man I bought it from took it to the Cadillac dealership every 3k to have serviced. I love the car on the freeway, I can get 30 mpg on premium fuel, it rides like a champ(still has o.e. suspension)and its as quiet on the inside as the new luxury cars I have recently rented.(lexus,benz,bmw) The power from the 4.9 is great.Too much from a dead stop,(fwd), but great when passing. I do have a small oil leak to fix,looks like its from the timing chain cover(typical gm). The air conditioning compressor just went down(300$ fix for dyi).Other than the factory Bose CD player skipping in cold weather I have no complaints and would consider buying another Cadillac

Favorite Features

Body styling, power, V-8 highway mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, no electronic trunk assist.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By karl Dahlen

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Fast, powerful, timeless styling (my 92 has been taken for a 97 or 98), roomy, fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Good looks and ample power.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders for front seat passengers. Side door pockets for maps, etc.

1992 Cadillac Seville STS
By Kevin345345

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I received the car from te original owner and it has been a NIGHTMARE! I ahev replaced A gas tank, all 4 brake lines, front ball joints, brakes all around, all new tires, a new transmission, antenna motor and antenna, radiator, 3 waterpumps, trans cooling fan, shocks all around, and a whole new exhaust system. The car has overheated twice, it's been terrible. Fun to drive when working right but otherwise never buy.

Favorite Features

Nice leather and ride was smooth once work was done.

Suggested Improvements

Cadillac needs to make a more reliable car!

4 Door Muscle that need lots of repairs
By MikeAbey

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from the original owner who was an older lady who really took car. The car only had 32K miles when I bought it 9 months ago, now the car has 42K miles. Since then I have spent well over $4000 on it. The car needed a new battery, radiator, AC compressor, Alternater, Busings,Starter, Electrical work,antenna motor,and a transmission majulater which cost over $2000 at the delar. I will never buy a another used GM car. Since then I bought a 98 Lexus GS400. There is no comparison. The Lexus is such a superior car to the Seville. Too bad Americans can't still compete and make a better product than the Japanese.

Favorite Features

Has 4 lighters, quality of the leather. The Body style.

Suggested Improvements

GM really need to make a more reliable car. They can make great looking cars but the reliability factor is terrible. When you take the car to the delar, they also need to be a little bit more considerate.

Classic Muscle Wrapped In Luxury
By jlwisu

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

A Home Run From Cadillac... I am not necessarily in Caddy's Target Market being an early 20's male, But I have a soft spot for Gadgetry, and more importantly muscle... and this car has both!!! Now don't get me wrong... It is not a '70 Charger R/T, or a 427 Cobra... But it has a Big, Smooth V8, and a throaty exhaust, inside of an eleganet luxury car with GREAT lines. I have a '92 (The 1st year of the redesign), and the STS has only improved since then... But '92 was the Pioneer year that got us where we are today in STS technology!!! I plan on buying a second STS next year, probably a '98 or a '99 to add to the collection!!! I am an STS fan for life!!!