1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
Caddy-lac
By Gangster on 03/20/08 11:03 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

This (was) a pretty great car. I sold mine 2 years ago because it had 175k miles on it. It still ran but was near the end of its life. Even at the end, this car cruised along surface streets and highways a like, in a smooth, comfortable manner. I had problems with the thermostat and subsequent overheating problems. But other than that, there were never any serious problems. The V-8 could really get up and go, especially considering the weight of the car, and even got 25+ mpg on the highway. Very impressive. Handling past 90mph became worrisome as the car began to sway. But this car was never meant for out running cops, it was meant for cruising in comfort, and it did that very well.

It made me want to test drive a new one
By 213inc. on 08/24/07 00:34 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 112000 miles. The man I bought it from took it to the Cadillac dealership every 3k to have serviced. I love the car on the freeway, I can get 30 mpg on premium fuel, it rides like a champ(still has o.e. suspension)and its as quiet on the inside as the new luxury cars I have recently rented.(lexus,benz,bmw) The power from the 4.9 is great.Too much from a dead stop,(fwd), but great when passing. I do have a small oil leak to fix,looks like its from the timing chain cover(typical gm). The air conditioning compressor just went down(300$ fix for dyi).Other than the factory Bose CD player skipping in cold weather I have no complaints and would consider buying another Cadillac

My 1992 Cadillac Seville
By Ricardo Gueli on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Seville is so nice and a pleasure to drive. I am surprised the value of it is so low. It would be impossible to find a replacement without going to a Cadillac DeVille, costing $40,000. I like my car so much I wont get a new one. My wife and I drive it on trips and it is exceptionally comfortable, 27-28 mpg, and looks good. The car only has 93,000 miles so I am prepared to proudly drive it for many more years.

Car
By hockey5chick on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love driving this car, it is so much fun, and fast. I like to take it on long trips.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By karl Dahlen on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Fast, powerful, timeless styling (my 92 has been taken for a 97 or 98), roomy, fun to drive.

1992 Cadillac Seville STS
By Kevin345345 on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I received the car from te original owner and it has been a NIGHTMARE! I ahev replaced A gas tank, all 4 brake lines, front ball joints, brakes all around, all new tires, a new transmission, antenna motor and antenna, radiator, 3 waterpumps, trans cooling fan, shocks all around, and a whole new exhaust system. The car has overheated twice, it's been terrible. Fun to drive when working right but otherwise never buy.

4 Door Muscle that need lots of repairs
By MikeAbey on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from the original owner who was an older lady who really took car. The car only had 32K miles when I bought it 9 months ago, now the car has 42K miles. Since then I have spent well over $4000 on it. The car needed a new battery, radiator, AC compressor, Alternater, Busings,Starter, Electrical work,antenna motor,and a transmission majulater which cost over $2000 at the delar. I will never buy a another used GM car. Since then I bought a 98 Lexus GS400. There is no comparison. The Lexus is such a superior car to the Seville. Too bad Americans can't still compete and make a better product than the Japanese.

Classic Muscle Wrapped In Luxury
By jlwisu on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

A Home Run From Cadillac... I am not necessarily in Caddy's Target Market being an early 20's male, But I have a soft spot for Gadgetry, and more importantly muscle... and this car has both!!! Now don't get me wrong... It is not a '70 Charger R/T, or a 427 Cobra... But it has a Big, Smooth V8, and a throaty exhaust, inside of an eleganet luxury car with GREAT lines. I have a '92 (The 1st year of the redesign), and the STS has only improved since then... But '92 was the Pioneer year that got us where we are today in STS technology!!! I plan on buying a second STS next year, probably a '98 or a '99 to add to the collection!!! I am an STS fan for life!!!

92 Seville-Nice car but plenty of minors
By iadrew on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 7 1/2 years. It had 7k when we bought it and just turned over 70k. For the most part, it's been reliable. I love the power and the ride, but I've had plenty of minor problems that annoy me and add up over time. Ignition problems, power window & antenna problems, CD player problems, an oil leak... Repairs for these items ranged from $80-400 each making none of them too major, but they add up and diminish faith in GM & Cadillac. Now I have an A/C problem with a quote of $1100 to repair. That may be the end of this relationship.