Used 1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

An aging '91 STS is still a hoot to drive...
By delerium75

1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 7 years ago in 2008 as a second car. It had 84K miles on it then and has 104K on it now. The STS is the sporty version of the standard Seville. Numerous upgrades over the base car include faster steering, FE2 suspension and interior upgrades really helps separate this car from the base model. While the 4.9L carry's over from the base car, the STS does have a numerically higher final drive ratio for added snap. It's a well handling, powerful car and the short body, while somewhat small inside, does pay dividends in handling. You can still tell there's some mass hanging in the front end but it's easy to balance with the throttle. A surprisingly great old car.

TORQUE! 275lb-ft. with the STS's performance 3.33 final drive ratio will put a smile on your face every time you step on the gas. The full leather interior with Carpathian Elm Burl trim is in good condition and still looks rich. The upgraded carpet looks and feels like velvet instead of the base car's shag. FE2 Touring Suspension which originally had 3-firmness setting struts was replaced in 2010 with Delcos and the handling is still surprisingly competent. For a car that was never designed up front for handling, it can take an on-ramp with surprising speed. The ride isn't floaty and bumps are felt. It's a sleeper that still takes many by surprise.

I don't like the wipers being on the dash, too few gauges in the main housing--the STS should have had a coolant temp gauge and a tachometer in the main cluster. The moonroof eats up a lot of headroom. The optional Bose stereo (all 4 amps have been rebuilt) sounds decent but doesn't have a lot of bass compared to other older 4-speaker Bose systems. The cupholder is nearly worthless. Otherwise, it does everything I ask of it and has required some maintenance but nothing so bad as to make me even think of selling it. MPG is so-so and premium is required but I didn't buy this car for its fuel efficiency. Whatever shortcomings it has are far exceeded by its fun-to-drive factor.

1991 Cadillac Seville
By billmyong

1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this Cadillac since new. It now has 191,000 miles and although I have had work done on it, it is all maintenance. This is one of 4 Cadillacs I have owned and it rides the best. At 20 years old it rides better than my 2012 Lexus.

Looks and performance

The Bose system could be better.

Better than the new cadillacs
By Jase

1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

This car has run better then my mothers 2005 cadillac sts. This car runs great and has taken me on a lot of trips. Very reliable car.

Electric seats, sunroof, leather seats

I love the 91 Seville
By n. fanning

1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought a cherry 91 to replace my old one. The car is perfect in every way, but must not be neglected. It is beautiful, powerful, fast and nimble. Everything about it fits me.

Fun to drive

None needed

Best Caddy ever
By MR. Cadillac

1991 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

i recently got this from my father to drive around New York City. Okay the car is horrible on gas. However that doesn't matter once you hit the highway in it. It quickly accelerates but wish it had more power. However I'm disappointed that Caddy doesn't make the newer STS in the design of this one because this is truly an American muscle classic and it's a Cadillac. It's pretty reliable, however it does have its occasional problems and the speakers stink, but the car is as old as me so go figure. However I love it and wish Caddy would make their cars looking after this one. It's true=ly the last of an era and should be an American classic.

Good engine. Beautful handling, comfort. All around everything is beautiful

More horsepower is basically all I wanted. It's fast but needs to be faster just a bit