Only 49,000 Miles and...
By Gene Fitchburg Ma. on
1990 Cadillac Seville 4dr Sedan
Just purchased this car from it's original owner who kept it garaged and never driven in rain or snow. Picked it up for a song. $900. I thought I hit the lottery. The body is perfect with a couple small dings and scratches. But from sitting so long the pay off was not at all what I expected. Only 49K and had to replace the tranny costing $1800. Fixed the Cruise, blinker, A/C, Rear shocks are next and heater core is believed to be clogged. The performance and ride are tight and squeak free. She gets up and goes! I thought I was just going to do a little touch up work on the dings and all my money went into fixing the quirks. :(
Favorite Features
Live the digital dash, and digital everything. The interior is very elegant with the button tucked leather. Power reclining seats, Console Shift, Dual storage in the arm rest, real glove box, Auto headlamps, and auto review mirror, tight handling and quiet ride with plenty of zoom.
Suggested Improvements
There is no reason the tranny should be shot at 49K, Rear airshocks also, ABS should of been standard, 15/23 MPG is not terrible but not great! I intend to keep this car as a hobby seeing it only has 49K and make her the best I can. Hopefully she will treat me good. Time will tell. I am not well off