1990 Cadillac Seville Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Cadillac Seville - Consumer Reviews

1990 Seville Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:

Sort Reviews by

love hate relationship
By harry

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car but it gave me alot of trouble. This was my first car bought for 2500 with 93000 miles. I went over a year with radiator fan, winshield wipers, and heat in Minnesota. One day it would run like a dream the next it would barely get to 70. I really didn't want to get rid of it but needed something more reliable to go to college with. List of things that didnt work: front struts, ac, heater core, heater fan, interior lights and gauges flicker, went through three batteries one started on fire, tranny slipped, 6 fuel injectors went out, remote trunk release, radiator fan so i couldn't idle more then 3 min, windshield wiper arm broke, rear window defroster, very uneven tire wear.

Favorite Features

Girls like it, fast, fairly good mileage, very comfortable, its a cadillac.

Suggested Improvements

Umm everything that broke.

Don't buy a used Cadillac
By GC

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this Seville with only 49k 3 months ago. I have put 470 miles on it. The car has already cost me over $3000 in repairs and it still needs Major work! A/c leaks! Heater core shot! Rear shocks rattle/leak!, transmission shot!, Cruise broke, turn signal return broke! Alternator shot! Power lumbar both sides broke! Leather cracking! This car looked to be in decent shape when I bought it. I knew I heard rattling from under neath but thought it was the wire wheel covers. It has been a true money Pitt and has been in the garage more then in my driveway and the gas mileage is the pitts as well. Don"t buy a used caddy period! I only paid $950 thought I was getting a great deal!

Favorite Features

Size, Old school looks, very quiet interior.

Suggested Improvements

You name it! I know owning a "Luxury Car" cost money to keep up and the maintenance is important. Most people who buy these don't properly maintain them. It is to expensive to keep them up. But the quality is very unacceptable. Mechanics love these cars! They make a fortune on them!

Only 49,000 Miles and...
By Gene Fitchburg Ma.

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just purchased this car from it's original owner who kept it garaged and never driven in rain or snow. Picked it up for a song. $900. I thought I hit the lottery. The body is perfect with a couple small dings and scratches. But from sitting so long the pay off was not at all what I expected. Only 49K and had to replace the tranny costing $1800. Fixed the Cruise, blinker, A/C, Rear shocks are next and heater core is believed to be clogged. The performance and ride are tight and squeak free. She gets up and goes! I thought I was just going to do a little touch up work on the dings and all my money went into fixing the quirks. :(

Favorite Features

Live the digital dash, and digital everything. The interior is very elegant with the button tucked leather. Power reclining seats, Console Shift, Dual storage in the arm rest, real glove box, Auto headlamps, and auto review mirror, tight handling and quiet ride with plenty of zoom.

Suggested Improvements

There is no reason the tranny should be shot at 49K, Rear airshocks also, ABS should of been standard, 15/23 MPG is not terrible but not great! I intend to keep this car as a hobby seeing it only has 49K and make her the best I can. Hopefully she will treat me good. Time will tell. I am not well off

Nice Little Chariot with Good Quality Build
By cadman

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

The ride, handling, quietness and finesse of the Cadillac Seville are amazing. This is a quality vehicle. Use proper care and maintenance and it will treat you right. I have never had a problem with it.

Favorite Features

The Bose radio and size of the car. Vogue tires provide a superior ride and are eye catching.

Suggested Improvements

None

1990 Cadillac Seville
By Pete

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is a joy to operate because of its handling, power, and agility. The fuel consumption is surprisingly good and I average 14 city and 21 highway. The design is classic and will never be out of favor. I wish I could buy a newly manufactured 1990 Cadillac Seville!

rock
By kary

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

buy this car if it runs and is under 3500!!

Favorite Features

8 cyl engine

Suggested Improvements

transmission needs improving

Owner
By MarkcusZen

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

The best car I've ever owned, without a doubt. Reliability is superb. After 103,000 miles, it still starts and runs like it was off the showroom floor.

Favorite Features

Speed.... awesome power and acceleration. Comfort - drove 18 hours straight on a trip and felt fine.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the hood ornament on new Cadillacs.

Beauty is only skin deep
By RG2

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car. Nice power and ride. Loved the style. BUT It has as many electrical problems as it has electrical things. After a while you just live with the problems as long as it will drive (which it does nice)

Favorite Features

Ride, looks, power, handling

Suggested Improvements

Better electricals

Cadillac owner
By cadillac_pimp

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

This my fourth cadillac the quality is outstanding my first one i paid $150 dollars for and drove for 5 years. parts are very reasonable compared to other manufactorers

Favorite Features

the styling, even with over 100000 miles caddies retain a look of luxery

Suggested Improvements

color options

Grand Dad's Caddy
By jimS

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

Seville was definitely THE car for my 94 year old grandfather when he bought it 9 years before he passed on at 103. This car is a bargain. In fact this car is a sleeper. Buy it for a song and sing all the way to the bank. And, it also holds its own at the country club and fancy restaurants. Very dignified. But otherwise, a big step up from buying a new XYZ for much more money. The "mature" drivers put only a very few gentle miles on these babies.

Favorite Features

This car has a decent record for repair incidence, has a luxurious ride, is surprisingly good on gas, and has more than enough zip in the FWD V8 to hold its own on the freeways. For winter use, I fitted Michelin Arctic Alpin snows and it trucks far better than those spin-out SUV's.

Suggested Improvements

Downsides? Well the brakes aren't the strongest. Some trim items needed replacement and, not unusual, the cruise control stopped.