1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Seville model:
love hate relationship
By harry on 03/02/10 14:44 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car but it gave me alot of trouble. This was my first car bought for 2500 with 93000 miles. I went over a year with radiator fan, winshield wipers, and heat in Minnesota. One day it would run like a dream the next it would barely get to 70. I really didn't want to get rid of it but needed something more reliable to go to college with. List of things that didnt work: front struts, ac, heater core, heater fan, interior lights and gauges flicker, went through three batteries one started on fire, tranny slipped, 6 fuel injectors went out, remote trunk release, radiator fan so i couldn't idle more then 3 min, windshield wiper arm broke, rear window defroster, very uneven tire wear.

Don't buy a used Cadillac
By GC on 11/09/09 15:52 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this Seville with only 49k 3 months ago. I have put 470 miles on it. The car has already cost me over $3000 in repairs and it still needs Major work! A/c leaks! Heater core shot! Rear shocks rattle/leak!, transmission shot!, Cruise broke, turn signal return broke! Alternator shot! Power lumbar both sides broke! Leather cracking! This car looked to be in decent shape when I bought it. I knew I heard rattling from under neath but thought it was the wire wheel covers. It has been a true money Pitt and has been in the garage more then in my driveway and the gas mileage is the pitts as well. Don"t buy a used caddy period! I only paid $950 thought I was getting a great deal!

Only 49,000 Miles and...
By Gene Fitchburg Ma. on 10/20/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just purchased this car from it's original owner who kept it garaged and never driven in rain or snow. Picked it up for a song. $900. I thought I hit the lottery. The body is perfect with a couple small dings and scratches. But from sitting so long the pay off was not at all what I expected. Only 49K and had to replace the tranny costing $1800. Fixed the Cruise, blinker, A/C, Rear shocks are next and heater core is believed to be clogged. The performance and ride are tight and squeak free. She gets up and goes! I thought I was just going to do a little touch up work on the dings and all my money went into fixing the quirks. :(

Nice Little Chariot with Good Quality Build
By cadman on 01/10/07 18:26 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

The ride, handling, quietness and finesse of the Cadillac Seville are amazing. This is a quality vehicle. Use proper care and maintenance and it will treat you right. I have never had a problem with it.

1990 Cadillac Seville
By Pete on 12/08/05 22:59 PM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is a joy to operate because of its handling, power, and agility. The fuel consumption is surprisingly good and I average 14 city and 21 highway. The design is classic and will never be out of favor. I wish I could buy a newly manufactured 1990 Cadillac Seville!

rock
By kary on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

buy this car if it runs and is under 3500!!

Owner
By MarkcusZen on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

The best car I've ever owned, without a doubt. Reliability is superb. After 103,000 miles, it still starts and runs like it was off the showroom floor.

Beauty is only skin deep
By RG2 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car. Nice power and ride. Loved the style. BUT It has as many electrical problems as it has electrical things. After a while you just live with the problems as long as it will drive (which it does nice)

Cadillac owner
By cadillac_pimp on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan 4dr Sedan

This my fourth cadillac the quality is outstanding my first one i paid $150 dollars for and drove for 5 years. parts are very reasonable compared to other manufactorers

Great Look`s and..... well, thatīs it!!!
By Patrick.ws on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Cadillac Seville Sedan STS 4dr Sedan

Nothing but problems. If this car is 10 years or older.... SELL IT!!! Transmission, Electronic, Body.... like it said, nothing but problems! I expected more from Cadillac! :-(