Used 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

Best car on the planet (for the money)
By David P.

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

Absolutely best car on the planet for the money. Excellent cars can be had for $4-6,000. Make sure to buy one which has been properly maintained all its life. Trashy ones make for good parts car. Parts are expensive. Only buy the LT-1 (94-96). I car-pool my deep-red 96 Brougham to an expensive, snotty prep school and proudly enter the drop-off zone amidst BMW-X5,Range Rovers, Porsche SUV. For the same money, I can buy one for each day of the week.

Ride is awesome. Power is stunning from 40-70: I love to pull up next to a sports car or young punk and taunt him to race. I always win.

Stereo is lame. Chrome skirts invite rust. Air-ride suspension is costly, as is AC.

A dream come true
By Devon

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I am in hog heaven. This car is a dream come true. I just brought it from a one owner it looks brand new. It feels like I am floating when I drive it. My father got excited when he seen it. This car is showroom ready. I dont have to do nothing to it but drive. The first time I nailed the pedal the power of the 5.7 LT1 engine almost push me in the back seat. I am in love.

The engine 5.7 LT1. Big roomy inside.

Simply the best
By EROCK

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my cadi. It looks great drive great. And get lot of attention and I love it. But its ashame that Cadillac took such a beautiful car of their production. Because I am curious to know what features it would have had by now. Because I have buddies that own new cts and they're nothing compared in luxury. And performance. Fleetwood Brougham is simply the best

I like how it has the blinker warnings on the hood heated seats and brake warnings that you see in your review

Should have kept production going

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By David W Boscola

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

Besides being a very elegant looking car, the performance of the Fleetwood with the LT1 engine is amazing. At 70 MPH she still has a passing gear. Its fuel economy is over 20 MPG. It's ashame Cadillac discontinued this model. Once they did that they lost me as a customer. Its new models are ugly in comparison. I currently have '67 and a '70 Fleetwood.

The performance is amazing.

True American Luxury
By dunbar

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

The vehicle is excellent in every way except for driving over rippled surfaces that are close together. The suspension seems loose when this happens but that is what GM intended. I owned a Mercury Cougar XR7 with a much firmer suspension. Maybe that's why the Fleetwood's suspension seems rubbery at times.

Acceleration, very little engine, wind, or road noise. Very smooth ride on most surfaces. Every comfort and safety option is available on the Brougham.

Firmer suspension that isn't punishing.