1996 Cadillac Fleetwood - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
Best car on the planet (for the money)
By David P. on 11/02/09 04:06 AM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

Absolutely best car on the planet for the money. Excellent cars can be had for $4-6,000. Make sure to buy one which has been properly maintained all its life. Trashy ones make for good parts car. Parts are expensive. Only buy the LT-1 (94-96). I car-pool my deep-red 96 Brougham to an expensive, snotty prep school and proudly enter the drop-off zone amidst BMW-X5,Range Rovers, Porsche SUV. For the same money, I can buy one for each day of the week.

A dream come true
By Devon on 12/11/08 12:33 PM (PST)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

I am in hog heaven. This car is a dream come true. I just brought it from a one owner it looks brand new. It feels like I am floating when I drive it. My father got excited when he seen it. This car is showroom ready. I dont have to do nothing to it but drive. The first time I nailed the pedal the power of the 5.7 LT1 engine almost push me in the back seat. I am in love.

Simply the best
By EROCK on 06/24/08 22:59 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

I love my cadi. It looks great drive great. And get lot of attention and I love it. But its ashame that Cadillac took such a beautiful car of their production. Because I am curious to know what features it would have had by now. Because I have buddies that own new cts and they're nothing compared in luxury. And performance. Fleetwood Brougham is simply the best

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By David W Boscola on 03/17/07 14:41 PM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

Besides being a very elegant looking car, the performance of the Fleetwood with the LT1 engine is amazing. At 70 MPH she still has a passing gear. Its fuel economy is over 20 MPG. It's ashame Cadillac discontinued this model. Once they did that they lost me as a customer. Its new models are ugly in comparison. I currently have '67 and a '70 Fleetwood.

True American Luxury
By Dunbar on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

The vehicle is excellent in every way except for driving over rippled surfaces that are close together. The suspension seems loose when this happens but that is what GM intended. I owned a Mercury Cougar XR7 with a much firmer suspension. Maybe that's why the Fleetwood's suspension seems rubbery at times.

True American Luxury
By dunbar on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Last of the Big Boys
By Bobby K on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

Great Ride, what can you say, its that last of the big rear wheel drive bad boys. With the Corvette engine and the ability to tow 3.5 tons!! With room for 6 and a trunk that will swallow at least 3 bodies (maybe more). With this car I cannot understand why the mini- vans are so popular. Wish mine had a moon roof, but otherwise I am extremely pleased!!!

Three years in a Caddy
By gdominick on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

Replaced the starter three times. Replaced egr valve & solenoid. Replaced air pump. Replaced water pump which was leaking on the distributor which was also replaced along with ignition wires, coil, and sparkplug wires. Replaced front and rear shocks along with idler arms & suspension rods.Replaced brakes & pads. Replaced all four tires. Replaced drivers side remote mirror.