1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Consumer Review: Yes, Virginia, size matters.

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - Consumer Review

Yes, Virginia, size matters.
By Its Me on

1995 Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr Sedan

Sitting down in my Brougham evokes the same feeling I get when landing in the States from an overseas trip - I'm home! Big, comfortable, reliable, and fast, it's the pinnacle of rear-wheel drive, four-door sedans, and is everything an American car should be. Some of my friends chuckle--until they ride in it, and then their reaction is one of amazement and longing for days gone by. When I nail the gas pedal, their eyes pop open. Other than normal maintenance and wear items (shocks, hoses, that kind of stuff), I've had no significant problems. The car runs like a champ and has excellent fit-and-finish. Uncomplicated controls, all the useful gadgets you'd want. Love it.

Size, space, power, comfort. A joy on the highway and faster in the curves than you'd think. The LT-1 engine is a joy of a V-8.

Wish it had a telescoping steering column like my older Caddies did, but I guess airbag concerns did away with that feature.