Used 1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fleetwood model:

Love my 'new-to-me' boat...
By delerium75

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car so far...bought it with 108K in 08-2013, now at 117K and climbing. Minimal fixes so far for a 22 year old car...transmission cooler lines, tie rod end, ball joint and an EGR valve on top of full tune up and fluid changes when I got it. The car had been maintained well prior to me buying it and it shows. She floats down the worst of Michigan roads and has enough space for everyone. Trunk is large and wide (fit a lawn mower AND weed trimmer with it closed). Seats are very comfortable for long drives and the 4.9L has plenty of power for passing on two-lane roads. I average about 17-19mpg in mixed driving, 20-23 on the highway (70mph+) and premium is required.

Favorite Features

Real walnut trim with the Fleetwood, memory diver seat, working keyless entry, rear seat vanity mirrors in the roof still "Wow!" folks, dash and door panels are padded and not hard plastic and overall smooth power. Delco/Bose Gold stereo sounds great but has needed 2 amps rebuilt. Decent cup holder for an old car--two-spot holder folds out of the front armrest. But mostly, it's the presence on the road. It's a big box of a car with a Cadillac hood ornament guiding the way--defiantly wafting about its business even after 22 years. It's every bit the boat I wanted.

Suggested Improvements

More gauges would be great, especially a coolant temp gauge. Door pockets would be nice but the armrest does flip open for additional storage. It's not the best handling car I've owned...it leans a bit but you don't buy a Fleetwood for the handling. Gas mileage isn't great but still not bad for a 3600lb brick. The steering wheel is a bit too close for my taste even with the seat all the way back and no steering wheel controls for the stereo.

My Baby
By DaddyOk

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

I loved this car!!!! Had 135k miles when I bought it and 243k when I hit the dear. I am very thankful I was in my cad and not my wifes low hood tinny metal car. I love the ride and had up to 28mpg on highway after chainging the front calipurs, they were hanging up robbing my milage. I love driving in the snow and this car was GREAT for that, with good traction. I'm going to miss her. Now looking for an other caddy to replace my baby! Im not sure about changing body styles though but looks like I have no choice if I get a newer model.

Favorite Features

The ride, comfort, Looks, Dependability,Options, O ya! Did I tell you the Looks!! I love this car!!

Suggested Improvements

Dear Zappers before they hit your car. Other than that, None!!

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan
By Harry J Singman

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is very comfortable to drive and has excellent acceleration and handling abilities. It is very passenger friendly, roomy, and safe feeling. Its fuel economy is terrible, and premium fuel is absolutely required, but this is not an economy car so some trade-offs are expected. Its frequency of repairs is about average, but some parts are very expensive, excessively so, I think. Overall, this car provides a pleasant driving and owning experience.

Favorite Features

The comfort, roominess, and responsive acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Find some way to improve the fuel economy and bring back the analog instruments and indicators!