2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

BEST CAR BUT...................
By Jack Kennedy

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV w/ Prod. End 10/14 (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Cadillac Escalade is stylish, fast, comfortable, safe, and it has a nice grumble from the 6.2L V8. But there is a MASSIVE FLAW. It's the CUE system. The CUE system is the worst infotainment system ever. Sometimes it won't even come on when you start the car! It can take up to 6 blocks for it to turn on. The response is slow, voice commands can be frustrating and it glitches a lot. I also don't like the sliding things to turn the volume up or turn the AC on. I like knobs. The headlights can be a little too bright and people think your high beams are on. Also the turn signals on the mirrors can be blinding at night. But the tail lights are INCREDIBLE. It lights up the whole street!! The gas mileage is great for an SUV like this. The DVD player in the rear is great too. I love the power fold down seats. Mountain driving is one of the best places to drive it. It flies up the hills and I love the hill decent braking. Overall I expected more when paying $93000 for this beast. When I Kelley Blue Booked it, it said it was worth $70000 and it only has 8300 miles on it. The Escalade is the perfect family hauler, it is safe, cool, and I don't think there is anything on the road like it. We have had four Escalades and they all are great. The reason we keep buying them is because it saved my brothers life in a car accident and the vehicle was totaled. It took one for the team. So if you were looking at a big burly safe SUV, the Escalade is a great choice.

Buyer Beware, 2015 Escalade
By robin_loxley

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD w/ Prod. End 10/14 (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I don't believe the mainstream reviewers have ever driven this vehicle. I have.
We have gone from excited anticipation to disillusionment. Not what we were expecting for $93,000.
I ordered this 2015 Escalade ESV Premium with every option, sight unseen, based on the great reviews & excellent presentation on Cadillac's website. That was a mistake.
I own a 2008 CTS which I absolutely love to drive, a few faults, but basically a great machine, never had a problem. So when I read that the new SUV was to be partially based on the CTS, along with great reviews, I was on the hook.
Keeping it brief, what's good: styling, performance, handling, ride (especially Sport), finish, sound system, GPS,

Magnetic ride control Good acceleration Good handling Heads Up Display Door handle button for easy unlocking and locking Good Head lights

Consideration for older drivers. Larger wing mirrors. Button & knobs for frequently used controls. Ability to switch from Adaptive cruise control to normal cruise control. Drivers steering wheel with large easy to use cruise control buttons. Two multi function stalks as per previous Caddi CTS for example. Move gear shift to center console. Auto/Manual shifter like 2008 CTS. Vent excess heat under driver's seat outside. Ditch electric seat back flipping. Comfortable and power adjustable second row seats. Comfortable, roomier 3rd row seats. It's a car first, not an entertainment & social media system.

Nice SUV, Terrible navigation system
By fred188

2015 Cadillac Escalade SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD w/ Prod. End 10/14 (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We really like the styling.

Lots of room. Third row seating is greatly improved over our 2007 Escal.

The navigation system is so bad , it is almost unusable.