Used 2012 Cadillac Escalade Premium SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

First Escalade
By jmuh212

2012 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We bought this amazing SUV last summer after trading in our Enclave. Needless to say, we will not be going back! The Escalade is exactly what I expected it to be and more! The only down side about the Escalade is ride comfort. Even with the new magnetic ride control it has improved, but is not up to par with other SUV's in its class such as the Mercedes GL-Class. Other than the ride, it's amazing!

There so many things I love about my Escalade, but these are my top favorite: 1) The dual exhaust on this baby gives it an aggressive growl 2) The 22" rims are chrome with a smoky tint to it 3) Standard custom tail lamps are gorgeous with the smoky tint instead of the traditional, just red. 4) Power-retractable power steps 5) The power under the hood... 403HP! 6) Improved GPS Nav screen w/ weather 7) LED Headlights

Ride comfort needs to be better. It would be a tremendous help if the seats would tumble away into the floor and be even, rather than just take up space when you need more space.

This is my 3rd Escalade I looove this truck!
By rydan93

2012 Cadillac Escalade SUV Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I can't begin to describe how much I love this vehicle. Under diress from my husband, I sold my 2008 Escalade and went to a Buick Enclave. While the Enclave is a wonderful vehicle and extremely smooth ride, after 15 mths, I missed my big gas gusseling SUV! I missed the 6.2 liter engine. If you've ever owned an Escalade before, its very hard to go down(in size and performance)to anything else. I had been spoiled and continued to complain about letting him talk me into getting rid of my '08 Escalade which never gave me a lick of trouble. So, the stars aligned and he went and got me another Escalade. A newer, nicer one than I had before! All is right in the universe again!

Favorite features are: the 22 in rims and tires, the 6.2 liter powerful engine with a hearty growl, the very comfortable seats, heated and cooled, the larger nav screen and the tune select feature on the xm radio. The large roomy interior and the awesome stereo. Very comfortable on all trips especially long ones. This is a truck that drives smooth like a car. Tight suspension is nice. It feels like you riding on air, it just floats so smoothly down the road.

Mine is a premium edition with factory additions that made it almost a Platinum so I'm happy with everything on it. I have no suggested improvements. I love this vehicle just the way it is.