2010 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Review: 2010 Escalade - "Long in the T

2010 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Review

Premium 4dr SUV (6.2L V8 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2010 Escalade - "Long in the Tooth"
By htsmd on

2010 Cadillac Escalade Premium 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 3rd Esc AWD - '03, '08, '10. Selling features on this one were Magnetic ride control, active fuel mgmt (4/8 cyl), front side airbags standard. RE the ride control - only thing I notice is slightly faster transmission of road variation. It' certainly a more "euro" feel, frankly out of place in such an SUV as this. Active fuel mgmt is a total joke - I got better mileage with my '08 (but, only 500 miles so far in this one). And guess what? No more rain sensing wipers and no more heated washer fluid (I'm from Wyoming - needed that hot washer fluid!). There's more, but the crowning blow came when transferring OnStar - you can't keep your old number!!

Manual shift is great for mountain driving. Backup camera is awesome when connecting my boat trailer! Stabiltrak actually saved my life once.

This model needs an update - dash console especially. Nav system is antiquated. Many great features lost, yet price went up over 12% compared to my '08. Not only can't you port your phone number, you can't add your number to your verizon account any more - have to buy minutes from OnStar.