Used 2009 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

King of the road
By motorcity11

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the truck new in 2009, 4 years and 60k later I have not had a single issue, this is in part cause I take extremely good care of her. I read all these negative reviews on here. it has been my experience that most people are cheap when it comes to vehicle maintenance and to rough when operating them ,when something goes bad they blame the make or model when its really the driver that caused the issue.

Big mistake GM
By Sean

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems. It isn't even one year old and the service engine light has gone of three (3) times withing a year. The problem is always fuel system or engine. Second, the not spacious, cheap interior angers me. Wobbly center console, loud, cheap tailgate, glove compartment has no room for owner's manual, you can hear the lumbar support cracking and bending inside the seat when you inflate it. The rear leg a/c didn't work, when I fold the seats I hear this cheap squeaking and all the doors can close without making the squeaking noise when there is no lubrication. Chrome is plastic. Don't waste $80,000 and buy a BMW or Mercedes SUV and you'll be pleased.

Favorite Features

the only feature i like is how the exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Redo entire interior. Fuel efficiency Use higher quality materials. No high-tec features No USB for iPod (2009 model)

In The Shop
By Mark

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I came back to GM after having a std poor experience with Range Rover 2 out of 2 were Maint nightmares within 6 months. I have my 2009 ESV in the shop for the second time in 6 months, first was an electronic issue and yesterday my tranny went out with only 13k miles. This isnt looking good. I hope i am done at the dealership.

Favorite Features

Drive and performance, growls like a tiger and rides like a kitten

Suggested Improvements

Use the Chevy front Clip. I think it is better looking than the Caddy or the GMC. I like the "agressive look of the Chevy Truck/SUV.

Car Seat - 3rd Row
By trk003

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle to accommodate our family size. Since the original purchase GM has redesigned seat belts in the 3rd row. Seat belts that accommodate a car seat will lock when pulled completely out to safely secure a car seat. 2008 ESV's had the ability to place car seats in 3rd row with a seat belt but in 2009 the belt was redesigned and includes 2010. Car seats can only be secured in the 2nd row. Please note the second row also has anchors for securing. Only 2 car seats can be secured in an Escalade ESV. Kind of a waste for vehicle size.

Escalade, another Year, another Homerun
By Doug

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Escalade and I continue to be impressed. I've owned several luxury SUV's and the 2009 Escalade is an overall more enjoyable vehicle. We currently also own a Mercedes ML500, the Escalade doesn't handle quite as well on cornering but otherwise the Escalade out performs and is everything you could ask for and more. It is very well equipped from a luxury perspective, again comparing it to the ML500 the seats of the Escalade are comfortable but with the ML their are more adjustable area's of the seat so you can form it to your personal shape better. The navigation in the ML STINKS and the Escalade is a dream to use, view, etc - Nice job Cadillac.I actually have reached 19 MPG

Favorite Features

The responsiveness to pulling a trailer, it's like a different vehicle when you push the trailer button and the transmission begins to work with the load and engine. The hide-a-way running boards are great, Bluetooth connection to my IPhone, Navigation & back-up camera and the overall sport look.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the adjustment possibilities on the driver seat. Firgure out a way to store third row seats in vehicle, my stay in the garage because they take up to much room while in but not in use. I know it's a big SUV but a couple more MPG would be nice.