2009 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
King of the road
By motorcity11 on 08/31/13 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the truck new in 2009, 4 years and 60k later I have not had a single issue, this is in part cause I take extremely good care of her. I read all these negative reviews on here. it has been my experience that most people are cheap when it comes to vehicle maintenance and to rough when operating them ,when something goes bad they blame the make or model when its really the driver that caused the issue.

Big mistake GM
By Sean on 06/18/10 09:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems. It isn't even one year old and the service engine light has gone of three (3) times withing a year. The problem is always fuel system or engine. Second, the not spacious, cheap interior angers me. Wobbly center console, loud, cheap tailgate, glove compartment has no room for owner's manual, you can hear the lumbar support cracking and bending inside the seat when you inflate it. The rear leg a/c didn't work, when I fold the seats I hear this cheap squeaking and all the doors can close without making the squeaking noise when there is no lubrication. Chrome is plastic. Don't waste $80,000 and buy a BMW or Mercedes SUV and you'll be pleased.

In The Shop
By Mark on 11/22/09 12:06 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I came back to GM after having a std poor experience with Range Rover 2 out of 2 were Maint nightmares within 6 months. I have my 2009 ESV in the shop for the second time in 6 months, first was an electronic issue and yesterday my tranny went out with only 13k miles. This isnt looking good. I hope i am done at the dealership.

Car Seat - 3rd Row
By trk003 on 11/20/09 06:35 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle to accommodate our family size. Since the original purchase GM has redesigned seat belts in the 3rd row. Seat belts that accommodate a car seat will lock when pulled completely out to safely secure a car seat. 2008 ESV's had the ability to place car seats in 3rd row with a seat belt but in 2009 the belt was redesigned and includes 2010. Car seats can only be secured in the 2nd row. Please note the second row also has anchors for securing. Only 2 car seats can be secured in an Escalade ESV. Kind of a waste for vehicle size.

Escalade, another Year, another Homerun
By Doug on 08/18/09 10:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Escalade and I continue to be impressed. I've owned several luxury SUV's and the 2009 Escalade is an overall more enjoyable vehicle. We currently also own a Mercedes ML500, the Escalade doesn't handle quite as well on cornering but otherwise the Escalade out performs and is everything you could ask for and more. It is very well equipped from a luxury perspective, again comparing it to the ML500 the seats of the Escalade are comfortable but with the ML their are more adjustable area's of the seat so you can form it to your personal shape better. The navigation in the ML STINKS and the Escalade is a dream to use, view, etc - Nice job Cadillac.I actually have reached 19 MPG

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
By Aviad on 01/31/09 21:23 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

traded my ugly lexus lx 430 for this and cant be happier. FIRST OFF i cant stand when people like the guy below me complain about GAS this is a 403 hp beast of a car u know its not an econobox when u buy it so dont complain about GAS! i love this car their is nothing that compares to it its my 3rd escalade and truly the best the ride and handling are amazing and its so fastt!! i love it do yourself a favor and test drive it you wont be dissapointed and best of all its AMERICAN!

2009 Cadillac Escalade AWD Platinum
By Matthew on 09/19/08 21:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I stepped inside GM's full-size super luxury SUV, and I was immediately enveloped in luxury. With so many standard features like a voice- activated Navigation system, DVD entertainment system, a heated leather wrapped steering wheel with radio and climate controls, heated and cooled front and 2nd row seats, bucket seats, a universal garage door opener, and SO much more, this car will easily destroy competitors like the Lexus LX570 and Land Rover Range Rover, in luxury. The Honda Civic Sedan gets to 60mph in 11.3, this Escalade Platinum gets to 60 mph in 6.1; that's pretty impressive for any car and very impressive for a large SUV. Cadillac has done a SUPERB job on this model, and I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac Escalade in VA is:

$161 per month*