Used 2009 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

TERRIBLE QUALITY...
By Tim

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

... for something aesthetically pleasing. At the end of 2014 I purchased a used CPO 2009 Cadillac Escalade with ~53,000 miles. It was fully loaded. THANKFULLY, it has had all repairs still under warranty, However, the warrant expires in a month and I am seriously considering selling the car to avoid costly repairs. Since I have owned it for almost a year the following repairs have been needed: heating and ventilation front driver seat repair, front struts needed replaced, cables to and from battery replaced due to complete electrical system failure while driving, lumbar support driver's seat repair, right driver's side CV boot leak, side cover for moon roof replacement, tire pressure monitoring system constantly going on/off, and now battery draining overnight and auto-up/down on driver side window malfunctioning. The complete electrical failure while driving was the scariest. We experienced a complete electrical system failure while driving twice (i.e. NO POWER STEERING, NO ANTI-LOCK BRAKES, NO INJECTION OF FUEL INTO ENGINE). Thankfully, my wife and I were able to pull the vehicle over before an accident occurred. Cadillac replaced the cables going to and from the car battery which has seemingly remedied the issue. There are tons of forums of this occurring and how the NHTSA has not recalled the car because of this boggles my mind. Overall this car is a prime example of poor mechanical engineering. DO NOT PURCHASE this car if you value reliability or quality craftsmanship. Unfortunately, it was my wife's dream car, but it has been in the shop for more often than not and she has been unable to showcase its most valuable asset: aesthetics. I cannot imagine the cost that we will incur once the CPO warranty expires. For example, the cost to repair the driver's side heated and ventilated seat was just over $1,000. The Cadillac dealership near us charges $150 just to diagnose an issue. I guess this is what you get for a "luxury" vehicle. In comparison, I have owned a 2004 Lexus ES330 currently with 130,000 miles and the only maintenance I have performed are oil changes and new tires. I have owned it for 3 years when I purchased it with ~90,000 miles on it. Good luck Cadillac owners. I feel your pain

King of the road
By motorcity11

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the truck new in 2009, 4 years and 60k later I have not had a single issue, this is in part cause I take extremely good care of her. I read all these negative reviews on here. it has been my experience that most people are cheap when it comes to vehicle maintenance and to rough when operating them ,when something goes bad they blame the make or model when its really the driver that caused the issue.

Big mistake GM
By Sean

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had nothing but problems. It isn't even one year old and the service engine light has gone of three (3) times withing a year. The problem is always fuel system or engine. Second, the not spacious, cheap interior angers me. Wobbly center console, loud, cheap tailgate, glove compartment has no room for owner's manual, you can hear the lumbar support cracking and bending inside the seat when you inflate it. The rear leg a/c didn't work, when I fold the seats I hear this cheap squeaking and all the doors can close without making the squeaking noise when there is no lubrication. Chrome is plastic. Don't waste $80,000 and buy a BMW or Mercedes SUV and you'll be pleased.

the only feature i like is how the exterior looks.

Redo entire interior. Fuel efficiency Use higher quality materials. No high-tec features No USB for iPod (2009 model)

In The Shop
By Mark

2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I came back to GM after having a std poor experience with Range Rover 2 out of 2 were Maint nightmares within 6 months. I have my 2009 ESV in the shop for the second time in 6 months, first was an electronic issue and yesterday my tranny went out with only 13k miles. This isnt looking good. I hope i am done at the dealership.

Drive and performance, growls like a tiger and rides like a kitten

Use the Chevy front Clip. I think it is better looking than the Caddy or the GMC. I like the "agressive look of the Chevy Truck/SUV.

Car Seat - 3rd Row
By trk003

2009 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle to accommodate our family size. Since the original purchase GM has redesigned seat belts in the 3rd row. Seat belts that accommodate a car seat will lock when pulled completely out to safely secure a car seat. 2008 ESV's had the ability to place car seats in 3rd row with a seat belt but in 2009 the belt was redesigned and includes 2010. Car seats can only be secured in the 2nd row. Please note the second row also has anchors for securing. Only 2 car seats can be secured in an Escalade ESV. Kind of a waste for vehicle size.