2008 Cadillac Escalade 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Don't drink the Cadillac koolaid!

2008 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Review

Don't drink the Cadillac koolaid!
By bobby on

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This may be the nicest looking large SUV, however the trade off for reliability, build quality/materials, and lack of basic amenities leave this owner regretting every drive. I only have 7 thousand miles and the things spends more time at the dealer than my garage. GM clearly rushed this vehicle to market before it was done. The interior materials are cheap and not color matched. The metal is different colors and burns your hands. My door panels are turning purple from black. Only 2 windows auto down. the third seat is a pain to store. The onstar drops calls in the city, god forbid I need it out of town. Buy something else!

Favorite Features

Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

There is not enough room. Better interior materials, that feel better and match. Fold flat seats in the rear. Better shifting transmission. All four windows should auto up and down. Fix the onstar issue as California requires hands free phone use. The wood metal is cheap for 70 thousand $ vehicle.