I own a 2007 and a 2008 ESV - Both Black on Black with 24" non-stock rims. BEAUTY: I truly love the vehicles luxury, style, class, and SIZE, there's nothing better offered by any manufacturer. But here is what I find missing, or don't like.
1) No light in the glove box.
2) No auto-down windows, except drivers door.
3) Cheap battery.
4) No telescope steering wheel.
5) Small brakes.
6) No independent suspension. NO BRAWN:
7) The Escalade at 403HP is grossly underpowered. I am forced to switch the vehicle into tow-mode, to get higher revs out of each gear, in order for it to perform decently. Unfortunately, when in tow- mode, it down-shifts like a jake-brake!
MORE HORSEPOWER! As well as more sporty timing of the transmission. I am now *forced* to purchase superchargers, so I can get the desired performance out of these Escalades. I thought there was going to be a great difference in performance between the Suburban and Escalade. I thought wrong.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.