Used 2008 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Don't drink the Cadillac koolaid!
By bobby

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This may be the nicest looking large SUV, however the trade off for reliability, build quality/materials, and lack of basic amenities leave this owner regretting every drive. I only have 7 thousand miles and the things spends more time at the dealer than my garage. GM clearly rushed this vehicle to market before it was done. The interior materials are cheap and not color matched. The metal is different colors and burns your hands. My door panels are turning purple from black. Only 2 windows auto down. the third seat is a pain to store. The onstar drops calls in the city, god forbid I need it out of town. Buy something else!

Favorite Features

Exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

There is not enough room. Better interior materials, that feel better and match. Fold flat seats in the rear. Better shifting transmission. All four windows should auto up and down. Fix the onstar issue as California requires hands free phone use. The wood metal is cheap for 70 thousand $ vehicle.

Don't waste your money
By R.Shoe.

2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

It is nice to drive and looks sharp. That is about it. Engineers must have been high when the interior was planned. The rear pass. windows don't roll down all the way. Was told GM makes these doors to small around the wheel well hence window rolls down 1/2 way - no it's not a safety thing. There are no pockets in the back side doors. No Storage. All of the seats are SO uncomfortable. They are like sitting on concrete. The third row seats have no place to put anything. For the third row both cup holders are on the left side of the car. There is a water leak in sun roof. Too many problems to list. No wonder GM is having financial problems.

Favorite Features

Still searching.

Suggested Improvements

Scratch current design and start from the beginning. Place this as an example of what not to do and rebuild from square one.

The definition of incompetence
By Lan

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Smooth as silk if driven on glass. On slightly rough road, it hops a lot. Terrible visibility. Inconvenient entry/exit of rear passengers. Loose fitting panels. doors fill with water when washed. Transmission shifting erratic, and unpredictable (dangerous when towing). Cheep chrome on wheels and roof racks. Too noisy for a Cadillac. Rear suspension leveling is week. Flaws too many to list. Were Cadillac's engineers drunk or just plane incompetent??

Favorite Features

Engine power

Suggested Improvements

Where does one start on a car so, so far behind rivals of the same price! Like Lexus and Mercedes.

All looks no quality! Terrible vehicle
By Josh

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 3 range rovers from 2005 up until 2008. I should have kept my range Rover. It's like going from a Porsche to a scooter. This car has no detail and terrible quality. The stitching is poorly done and everything looks like plastic. (wait! Is is all plastic, even the fake wood trim) from a side rear view the escalade looks ugly. The escalade idles very roughly. What do you expect from a gm I guess? Car was probably built in 15 mins. From robots. Good thing I lease this pile of junk cause range Rover is waiting for me.

Favorite Features

I leased the car so I can return it!

Suggested Improvements

Real Wood Trim Better quality stitching. Perforated seats with A/C Smoother ride Not so much ugly plastic inside Better clarity on Navigation screen (looks cheap)

Great Car, my 2nd one!
By B Peek

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this great suv from the dealership in Dec. 2007, it was the manager's furnished auto. I traded in my 2004 Pearl White Escalade for this 08 Black beauty. I have all the bells on it as I did on the 2004! You cannot find a more comfortable car as the Escalade. I get 14 mpg average with the 08 and did the same with the 04. I will always drive an Escalade.

Favorite Features

Beauty and Comfort!

Suggested Improvements

NONE, it does not get any better than this.