2008 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
Best SUV
By BUYUSA on 04/18/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the Truck, The most impressive thing is the power, it moves, drives very smooth , the NAV is great very easy to follow, I traded up from a Ford Expedition..there is no comparison, this CADI is unreal, I test drove every SUV , the Range Rover and all, testes the CADI last and was sold instantly, Just go drive one! You'll buy one, if you can afford it!!

first and last
By first and last on 04/05/08 23:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first caddy and my last. Don't get me wrong, looks great tons of room but it drives like a mack truck and it feels like something is going to break when you go over a bump. I sure miss my range Rover. Thank god I never went off road

Exactly what I expected
By BK on 04/03/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my first Cadillac in October of 07 and have been happy with the experience so far. Exterior style is pretty much the best aspect of the car. It's classy and has an edge. The ride is luxury car smooth for the most part. I don't feel tired most of the time I drive home from a long day at work. Fuel economy is average at best but I expected that. At $3.10/gal a fill up is $60, which lasts me about a week. Build quality is as good as other luxury cars. Lots of cheap plastic and panels that do squeak and come off. It looks good though. Nav system is great. Seats are comfy. And caddy dealers are willing to deal a little for the car. All in all I'm very satisfied

Surprisingly good
By domesticdude on 03/25/08 14:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Cadillac is on a role, and the Escalade is no exception. It has great looks, lots of luxury and features, 403 hp, and an exhaust note from a muscle car. I never thought i would buy and SUV, but the Escalade sold itself. The power and exhaust note surprised me most as it is quick (for and SUV), and sounds great. The handling also really surprised me as it handles like a much smaller car. The only negatives i can fin is the old school tilt only steering wheel, third row seat ( everything about it from room to not power folding), and a light in the rear of the car rattles. The GPS in this car is absolutely fantastic, it is the highlight of an already great interior. Just a great SUV.

Great Ride
By DTR969 on 03/19/08 23:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My wife just loves the car. We added 22" aftermarket rims on it at 1/3 the cost of what the dealer wanted and it looks much better. No mechanical issues experienced as noted by several previous postings. It's fun to drive and does exactly what I expected when I bought it - looks great, drives great, and hauls as a big rig!

Rolling the dice on the 08 'Slade
By Halls1030 on 12/21/07 23:01 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Decided on the 08 AWD Escalade after test driving the 08: MDX, GL320 & 450, Q7, Range Rover Sport, X5, & Sequoia Platinum. We decided to roll the dice on GM after getting an unbelieveable deal on a lease. Now anyone doing homework on the Escalade knows this SUV has pros/cons. Reliability issues, possible wind noise, gas mileage...and while we liked the GL 320 & 450 the pricing was too good to pass up on the Caddy. Wife loves it. Tons of room inside, great rear-entertainment (unfortunately it blocks rear view mirror. No problems to date though. We love the curb appeal as well. I will say anyone shopping an large SUV must check out the 08 Seqouia Platinum. Understated & loaded!

If you want luxury & performance...
By Vic in CT on 11/20/07 05:48 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just switched from a fully loaded BMW 745Li...I thought the BMW had it all. But this Cadi is kickin! Love the handling, the ride, the comfort & specially the retractable assist steps. Very nice!

Athletic & Luxury
By Mattie Fresh on 11/17/07 07:53 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I just leased a black/black 2008 Escalade. I love it, I got the Ultra Lux. Pkg. I love the 22’s and the Nav. I have had a lot of nice cars (only 23) I had a 2005 TL(non nav) loved it, a 2006 MDX (touring with nav) loved it, so I was a little concerned about buying American. I can’t stop talking highly about my new truck, my GF loves it, all the girls love it. Fast & very athletic with the stock 22’s. I was very happy that it did fit into my garage. Cant wait to take it snowboarding, and towing the bikes down south on those long trips. A must, tint your windows in the front to match back, and if you have the chance, tell your dealer to not install front plate.

BUYER BEWARE
By Concourse on 10/31/07 22:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Transmission went bad with 2000 miles on it.After 5 attempts to have it fixed they finally found the problem. It is an engineering flaw that GM said do not repair,there is no repair and it is on all 07 & 08 models. I'm crushed I paid $68k and no fix for Cadillac's engineering flaw, I asked them how much on trade they said $48k so a $20k loss on a problem that GM knows about and will not repair and will not warn potential buyers, how low can you go? Learn thru my mistake on trusting Cadiilac, and ask about this engineering flaw, the service dept. knows about it they have documents in their file that they can show you but you can't make a copy of it.

Fantastic Luxury SUV
By Bob in FL on 10/29/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This a beautiful driving machine, and it performs. This vehicle is everything a luxury SUV should be, and more. We love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.