Used 2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Front end clunk when accelerating from a stop.
By Ray gloria

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have an 08 escalade that's awd with a 6.2 when putting it in drive and taking off or accelerating from a stop I hear a clunk in the front end. I already replaced the u-joints in the rear but I have not got into the front. This is my first awd vehicle. Also the guy at discount tire said that my front tires look like when I brake they the front tires are fighting directions because of the wear.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY
By irvdaddynyc

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

THE GOOD ... Looks of the Escalade are second to none (eye catcher) ..... Powerful 6.2 motor (love the sound when I turn it on)
THE BAD ... Horrible fuel mileage (barely 11mpg), plastic door handles (c'mon really??), Rear windows go down half way (sucks for rear passengers), Rear passengers are always hitting their feet exiting (seat adjustment needed), 3rd row seating ever worse (passengers knees hit their chest)
THE UGLY ... Plastic (fake) wood grain interior panels are quick to get scratched and LOOKS horrible!!
Overall I like my Escalade, just wished I purchased an ESV instead. Full rear doors(windows roll ALL the way down) 3rdrow seating has more leg room plus you have cargo space

As the owner and driver I am somewhat content with my Escalade which I purchased for on my birthday for 34,500 in August 2012. Powerful engine, interior, steering wheel functions, gps, onstar, bose radio all thumbs up!! Glad I didn't purchase this truck for 80k I would've been upset !!!!! Don't think its worth 80k using a lot of plastic parts

1) Need better fuel economy 2) Needs an Ipod or aux jack (Tahoe & suburban cost less money and have it.... clueless as to why an $80k vehicle doesn't have it. 3) Needs Metal door handles 4) Needs more leg room even if compromises truck space on base model. 5) $80k and fake wood grain? damn shame

Best Used SUV I Have Ever Owned
By bigpoppa74

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2008 Escalade Platinum with just under 60k miles. Searched high and low for the most loaded and low mileage one I could find. I have now driven it nearly 20k miles, mostly back and forth from California to Arizona, and I absolutely love this truck. Its a dream to drive. True Cadillac luxury. Have not had one, single issue with it. Dealer even threw in 3 year 36k mile extended warranty as they were so confident in its reliability. In the past 6 years I have owned a Hummer H2, Yukon XL and a standard Yukon, and this Escalade is my pride and joy over those other vehicles. I would highly recommend the Escalade to anyone in the market for a used SUV.

Drivability, reliability, overall sound construction. Thumbs up from other motorists. Rear entertainment system with wireless headphones keep the kids occupied on long road trips. 6 CD/DVD player keeps plenty on entertainment on hand.

Motors in power running boards tend to be somewhat weak when they are coming up.

After 4 yrs of ownership, I still love my Escalade
By rydan93

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Escalade brand new. After 4 yrs I still love this vehicle. It is super comfy and I have had no issues with it other than a few nit picky cosmetic replacements. The engine and computer system have never given me any trouble. I would have expected a vehicle of this price range to come with blue tooth, but they did finally add it on the 2009. My favorite thing about this truck is the engine! I love that loud roar of my 6.2 liter when I crank it up. The 22" wheels aren't to bad either! I have always felt safe driving it and long trips are easy.

Comfortable seats and ride, loud roar of that 6.2 liter engine. Roomy second row seats.

DO NOT BUY
By ihateescalades

2008 Cadillac Escalade SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the look and feel of my cadillac escalade esv..however it is an $80,000 car that is 3 years ols and ha been in the shop monthly since 3 months after purchase.....i have replaced an alternator 9 door locks 6 door handles and an o2 sensor, $986.00 in battery cables (that did not fix the problem) cruise control hasnt worked in 5 months,
heated steering wheel went out a year ago ($900.00) to fix it..rear defrost has been serviced 4 times... i was told i should have bought an extended warranty...y would an $80,000 car need an extended warranty....i wouldnt sell this car to my enemy! and wait til u have to do general maintenance on it...$1500.00 easy!
im told this is all normal!

the inside is nice and its pretty smooth but the mechanical parts SUCK!

recall locks, door handles, and everything else that breaks on a regular basis