Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Nice Drive
By ike

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this vehicle for about six months, and I have to say that it is the best vehicle that I have ever owned. My last vehicle was an Expedition, and the motor, driving, interior, exterior of the Escalade are many times better. Great job in making me look so good while driving my vehicle. Just one thing bothers me, actually two. One is the fact that a vehicle like mine does not have a fuel button! I have to go outside:( and the engine key is so not "Cadillac", while other lesser vehicles have push button start ups, and all sort of nice keys, Cadillacs is disappointing. Besides that, this is the best large SUV on the freeway.

Favorite Features

The rear view camera, folding seats, and a/c seats.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the keys. On steering wheel there is a button not used, how about using it for the fuel door.

Thin Plastic Seems to be in Style
By Kriller

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I haven't sold my '04 Escalade yet and I can't wait to get rid of my '07 model so that I can sit comfortably again. How could GM switch the comfy seats for these cardboard-ones? I got tired after driving for an hour, bumping around on roads I used to think were smooth, having my thoughts drowned in the engine, road, wind, and interior-noise! The Cashmere interior is too bright and will look old in six months.. It still has no flat folding 3rd row seats. And it still has no telescoping steering wheel.. Even though the styling is generally improved (mostly in the exterior front, the back looks like any GMC-truck) the over-sleekness of the interior came with a price - loss of personality. The engine sounds impressive, but lacks the power to impress. Overall this truck has a cheep feeling.

Favorite Features

The exterior styling of the hood / grill.

Suggested Improvements

Bring back the old seats! Cadillac used to have the best seats money could buy! Get rid of the ridiculous, loose center-console. Make the truck feel comfortable and luxurious again!

About the AC
By gap2006

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2007 Cadillac Escalade in March '06 when it was first released and have put about 10,000 miles on it. It's been flawless in every way and all the tech gadgets work the way they are supposed to. As far as climate control, I already suffered through a long heat wave with temps above 100 and the AC performed flawlessly. You can start the car remotely and by the time you get in it it will have already cooled down considerably. Once you get in and blast the AC and ventilated seats you will be pretty cold. Anyway, I look forward to your feedback as to how it actually performs in your area. Good luck.

Favorite Features

Remote start, how the smart navigation system doesn't shut down completely when driving unlike Lexus, auto high beams, how the OnStar phone hooks up to a Verizon account to save money, the heated/ventilated seats, extremely adjustable driver's seat (I'm 5'3" and sit high in the saddle), and how people turn their heads when you go by!

Powerful Engine
By davo1103

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Cadillac Escalade is an excellent truck. It has a great engine. It needs more leg room in front and second rows though.

Favorite Features

The engine, AWD, power mirrors, safety features, and 22" tires/rims.

Suggested Improvements

Introduce a V series, give it a bigger engine, and more legroom in front and second rows. Add heated mirrors, longer remote start feature, and upgradeable alarm system. Give it EVEN bigger tires and rims, and use higher end interior materials other than plastic

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
By david saylor

2007 Cadillac Escalade SUV 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had problems with chopping the outside edge of the front tires. The tailgate on the EXT just falls open. The edge at the back of the tailgate is higher than the gate itself, a design flaw.

Favorite Features

It has plenty of power, but loves gas.

Suggested Improvements

The tailgate painted surface will be gone with the first load of 12 foot 2by4s carried home from Home Depot. Issue a recall and make a protective edge for the painted surface.