Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

'07 Escalade
By Brandon James

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had it for about 1 1/2 months. Drive it as often as I can. Always look forwad to getting into it. The ride is smooth, quite and comfortable.

XM radio. Bose sound system sounds fantastic. Automatic trunk lift and folding seats are a great option as well. The instrument cluster is easy to read and looks great..

Soundproof the headliner better, tends to rattle. Fuel economy can stand some improvement. Why is the battery on the passenger side and not in the front like on the Tahoe?. There is a huge open space for it.

Denali is a better buy
By Tony

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love the interior and exterior. The transmission is jumpy/bangs at "traffic/lower speeds" (stop/go @ 10mph and less. I've averaged about 11.5 mpg and have about 5500 miles on the vehicle so far. The wind noise on the drivers side is very pronounced. I don't buy the excuse that it's the mirrors as it's not 1/2 as loud on the passengers side. Overall I wish I had stuck with a new Denali XL or gone with the Benz GL.

Interior, AC, seats, power

Auto up windows (how did they get away with not having this basic feature. Transmission shifts should be "cleaner". Though interior is much improved clock is cheap

Lux SUV
By jack cosgrove

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The vehicle is nothing less than spectacular. I bought it for my wife who is totally enamored with the looks, ride and performance. I opted for the 20" wheels, which saved acouple of bucks, and were a little unique, a good mix for ride quality.

Navigation. Bose THX sound system. 20 inch wheels

Verdict's Still Out
By First Caddy Owner

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in April '06. I loved the new style. The remote start and remote lift gate are great! Navigation and XM radio also great. I also love the climate-controlled front seats, heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats. GM still can't figure out flat folding 3rd seats though! And no auto up windows? Come on! Also, I hate that it has no telescoping steering wheel. My driver door had rattle since day one. I have been to dealer five times, and they can't stop it. Now I have a vibration in the front dash, too. And, the brakes squeak terribly in cool, damp weather! The dealer looked at them twice and says nothing can be done. This is my fourth GM vehicle, but first with squeaky brakes - and it's a Caddy. Overall, I like the vehicle, but am not sure that I'd get another one

The remote start and lift gate, XM radio, climate controlled seats, and heated steering wheel. This vehicle looks great with its new design. I get lots of compliments on it.

Fix the squeaky brakes and rattles! Find a way to fold 3rd seats flat! Offer a telescoping steering wheel and auto up windows. This is a luxury SUV with a hefty price tag, quit trying to cut corners.

Perfect Blend
By great blend

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have the 2007 AWD Escalade and if I had to sum it up the words would be "perfect blend." This SUV has more power than any other I have driven, so when I read that it is under powered by other reviews I don't know what their comparing it to? Maybe the Corvette. The improvements in the interior is one the main reasons I bought this vehicle. The nav system is very fast and full of information, while the Bose stereo system sounds incredible, the plasma screen DVD players in front and back are crystal clear. I have the optional 22" rims and to me this SUV still has a smooth ride and takes bumps well. So I say to people who consider this SUV compare apples to apples and you won't be disappointed.

The entertainment system, powerful engine, interior/exterior styling, amenities, power lift gate, cherry wood trim, 22" rims, interior space, and power folding seats.

Offer Bluetooth.