Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

2007 Escalade AWD
By PS

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Escalade. Overall good experience. Love driving this vehicle. However, 2007 model is the least comfortable to drive. Interior is lovely, but smaller that previous years.

Favorite Features

Bose system, smooth ride, navigation and parking assist feature. Exterior and interior appearance, auto gate lift, remote start, AWD

Suggested Improvements

Interior room, uncomfortable seats, gas mileage, wind noise

Better than expected
By Michael

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The new Escalade is extremely impressive with 400hp, creature comforts galore, and attractive styling. The comfort level of the new Escalade is extremely high. The seats are a little flat with little side support, but amazing seat warmers make up for it, same with the second row. The GPS and rear view camera system is the best I have ever experienced, even better than other Cadillacs. The styling is far better inside and out than all other competitors. The engine sounds great and has decent pull for such a large vehicle, even though the amazing engine suffers in fuel economy. I average about 12 with mostly city and the occasional highway.

Favorite Features

Amazing GPS, best seat warmers, good looks inside and out, lots of features

Suggested Improvements

Power. 3rd row into the floor. Better seat support, wider second row doors.

Love it
By thompsrw

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my '07 now for about 3 months. All in all I love it. Reading through a few reviews made me worried because of the reliability etc. I've not had a single issue with mine. Only issue I have is the gas mileage. But lets be honest, we're not buying an SUV this size for gas mileage. Turning radius is incredible, speed and power is perfect and the looks both in and out are top of the line- bar none. Expensive but worth it. I've test driven and owned several other luxury SUV's - BMW, Navigator, Range Rover etc., and I'm still glad I bought it.

Favorite Features

Interior space, 22" rims, cooled seats.

Great Wheels
By Hilbilly

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Got my new 'Slade about a month ago. So far has 1000 miles. Love the power and comfort. The 403 hp enables me to quickly pass just about anything but a gas station. But I knew what I was in for and am pleasantly surprised by the highway mileage of 19 mpg. Around town it's less but that's the price you pay. Seats are very comfortable and long drives are no problem. Love the audio/nav system and the muted ride when the road is a bit rough. But it's still a truck. That said, there's absolutely no other vehicle Id rather have than this one. Three friend recently bought Toyota Sequoia, Lexus GX and Aston Martin. I'll take my Escalade over them any day.

Favorite Features

Power, looks, comfort. The Nav/audio system is tops. Good front area storage in console. Sitting up high is a real nice feature in heavy traffic.

Suggested Improvements

Where is the "flash to pass" system? Why not a jack to plug in my ipod? How soon before we get Independent rear suspension?

Absolutely Horrible
By THEKID

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this car for under a year, and I have never had a car need to go to service more in my life. I have had the brakes serviced 7 times already. It seems like one thing after another goes wrong, and for what you pay, I am horrified with the amount of time I have to deal getting the car serviced. I got it for the children, but what a mistake. I wish I had my 5 series back. Please do not get this vechicle it is the worst waste of money! The inside and exterior look is the only positive about this, but I want to be able to drive a car not just look at it in the driveway. I hope this helps you all!

Favorite Features

Interior room, cooled seats (when working), 400+ hp engine

Suggested Improvements

Allow people to use the navigation while driving. The molding catches on the passenger door. Brakes!