2007 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
First Escalade
By Jack Houston on 04/11/08 05:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Most impressive appearance. (white diamond) Average 13 in town and 18 on trips. Had 98 Tahoe which this replaced. Ride much better and brakes improved. Third row seat hard to remove when need to haul. When in cruise control, keeps down shifting. Remote key won't work 50% of time. Had to have AC valve replaced, as was giving heated air on drivers side.

So far so good
By DB on 12/04/07 21:49 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love the Escalade. As for mileage, I'm pretty used to spending more at the pump, already owning an SUV. However, it gets poor mpg. Living in the city I get roughly 10.3 mpg. The best Hwy mpg was 17.6; pretty much coasting downhill. As for build quality, could be better for a luxury truck. Overall, very satisfied with the Escalade.

Really bad
By john on 11/28/07 10:13 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Escalade and I was really excited about it. I bought a fully loaded awd black black. The problem is the transmission feels as though it's going to fall out of the car....the wors shifting ever. I manually shifted to see what gear 4 and 5th are the worst. Also the 55 lbs seats...I mean come on...my 125lb wife has no chance at getting them in/out. This car really is disappointing and they will feel it.

I bought a Luxury Truck!
By 2Escalades on 11/20/07 22:07 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

As this is now my second Escalade I do not believe as of now I will own anything else. Unless they come out with something that can beat the gas mileage. The exterior is great, the ride is amazing and all it takes is a small tap on the gas and you feel the 400 HP. As of right now GM has built a vehicle that is reliable and something that I know I can trust with my life and anyone that rides in it.

Escalade - What an SUV!
By rsjmmp on 10/22/07 08:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've never thought to own a Cadillac ever! Oh, what a complete joy to drive this Escalade! I was going to get the new BMW X5, now I'm so glad that I got the Escalade instead. This is by far the best SUV on the market - best looking, most power and everything you wanted inside. My whole family loves it - my husband, my two little kids and of course myself. I am exited to drive it everyday. Yes, GM knows how to make an SUV!

07 Escalade - great SUV
By Nick Slade on 10/04/07 23:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My only complaint was the noise from towing a trailer. The sound of the hitch rattling was transmited into the cab. The ride in the cabin is so quiet and refined. The sound of the trailer was very appparent.

Segment Leader
By xcesshp on 09/25/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased Dec'06 about 17000 miles so far. Only 2 issues, battery died first month, and heated seats didn't work even though cooled function worked, both fixed without further incident. The interior is user friendly and car-like, exudes luxury, huge improvement over previous generation. Very comfy seats. AC strong and cold in 100+ temps. 11mpg mixed 19mpg highway. My particular truck doesn't suffer the excessive wind noise but did notice it on the loaner. Changing from a CLK55AMG overall pleased with the vehicle. No vehicle is perfect, everyone has different needs. For overall combination of size, power, handling, luxury and utility, this is currently the segment leader.

Bad Luck
By ggc on 09/17/07 12:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had the misfortune of choosing probably the worst Escalade in the lot. When I see all these "10" ratings in performance form other customers, I just feel like crying. Just bought a 2007 Escalade. I always wanted to have a Cadillac. I had a Navigator before (which I loved ) but the new ones are so ugly.. The Escalade is so impresive and beautiful.. But is probably the worst ride I ever had...starting with the loud wind noise, busy and rough shifting and having to "step on it" to get some kind of speed. I regret this buy big time. Dealer cannot "reproduce" the problem. I wany my Chrysler Pacifica back!

GM is alive again, and will dominate
By phil1psc on 08/20/07 14:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The sleeping giant is awake and has made one awesome vehicle. This is unbelievable how nice a suv this is. I love the looks you get from all types of people. But you should it's part of the new GM. "They're back". Doesn't get any better. Keep doing what you're doing. You have let all know who is number 1

I have driven all SUVs
By jeffram on 08/18/07 05:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the LX470, Hummer h2 sut, test drove the Lincoln Navigator. The Lincoln was my second choice as I pull a boat and the LX470 is sorry to tow 6000 lbs. I went into the Caddy pessimistic because of the plastic wood and the uncomfortable seats and a stiffer than expected suspension. My Hummer was smoother. The Navigator dash design is horrible and the rear entertainment system looks like an aftermarket install. The Escalade will grow on you. It is the best SUV on the market. There isnt a better user friendly Nav entertainment system. If you do not choose this option you are missing out! I went in with a 2 year lease waiting for the new LX. I am staying with Caddy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.