2005 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Review: Warranty Not Good

2005 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Review

Warranty Not Good
By MadatCad on

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Lots of problems: Every startup the engine ticks, it has gotten better in the hot weather, but the problem is still there-did not experience says dealer. Lost all audio from rear warning system, OnStar, phone, cd, radio etc-intermittent at first then completely. After 4 attempts to fix, dealer and GM customer service says too bad something was spilled onto amplifier--(a 1/2 ounce of coffee did drip out of a cupholder as it was being removed in the dealers driveway for an appointment to fix this problem at that time 3 months old) they want $1,500 to fix the Bose amp. Power Steering squeels like a loose belt when turning. I was told it is a pressure relief valve..it is being fixed now, we'll see. I experience a loud transmission noise at about 1,700 rpm.

Pearl white color, power, when it worked I liked the voice recognition phone, and stability / traction control.

Much better build quality. If all the problems I've had (didn't list all) are what Cadillac builds, what a piece of junk for $60K...Customer satisfaction doesn't really seem to what they do, just what they say..no wonder the Lexus / Acura crowd laughs at my "Caddy" problems. Do you care GM? I do.