Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Love My Escalade
By Kirsten Stafford

2005 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first American car I have ever purchased, but I have benn an SUV driver for years. This is by far the nicest looking, head turning comfortable ride out there!!! But dont want to ride to far! It gets terrible gas mileage, but if you have money like most who drive one, it is not an issue!

Love interior, the fancy grill and 22 inch wheels look fantastic on it...Best color is pearl white.

Transmission is not always sooth, sometimes feel a little jumpy when driving.

Best Escalade Yet
By BOB

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

With the exception of the poor fuel milage (with the most powerfull V8, what do you expect?) this is the most capable luxury SUV on the market today.

The fact that its at home at a formal gathering or with a pair of jeans and t-shirt. Certainly has a lot a curb appeal.

Make the AWD version capable of shifting into 2WD to save on fuel milage and driveline wear.

GM's Best SUV
By Keith

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new Escalade! I just bought an '05 , Black with the 20" Cadillac chrome wheels. When you drive this truck you get noticed a lot. I had an '02, it was a Certified vehicle and never had any trouble with it, so after 2 years with that one I wanted a new one. Nothing like the smell of Cadillac leather. Not only is the truck awesome, the dealership is top notch (hard to find these days)!

The style, comfortable ride, Bose sound, 14 way heated seats, fit / finish. No sqeeks or rattles like the usual GM vehicles.

Running boards get scratched easily .

Own American
By American Built

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle is fun to drive, rides exceptional well gas milage could be inproved quality is very good,vehicle has room for six audlts comfortably, Driven this vehicle on trips, short drives very satisfacting both for comfort and reliablity.

Power

My 05 Escalade
By Zach

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Escalade . I owned an '02 ( it was a GM Certified vehicle) , and never had a problem with it , so I decided before GM changes the model I would get me a new one ( 2005 ) . Nothing like the smell of Cadillac Leather! The interior is nice, like the subtle changes, miss some they deleted on the newer models . But overall this is truly a Cadillac for car or truck nuts ( like me ) . And just knowing that there are 345 horses under the hood makes you feel like you can own the road if you feel like it !

Power, comfort, and fit / finish.

Better gas mileage, replace the lights on the rear doors, instead of the red reflectors they use now ( cost cutting ? ) .