2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
Not sure where to go from here...
By Jim in SanDiego on 01/02/10 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

10 years ago, my wife's dream car was the 2004 RAV4 L...Today, she now owns the 2005 White Diamond Escalade Rwd that she saw (and had to have) a successful drug dealer driving in an episode of Burn Notice. Even got comparable 22" chrome bling. It is, without question, the prettiest, beefiest, most noticeable production car on the road today, even after 10 years post-concept (first production version was model year '02). Now the problem is, without spending $100K+ on something really highend, what do we replace it with in 5-6 years? There is nothing even up to the 2012-hopper even comparable.

Great truck
By great truck on 01/17/09 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have a 2005 Escalade that we love and have never had any trouble with. We travel a lot and always take the Escalade. We also have a Range Rover sport and the comfort is nothing compared to the Caddy. Never any trouble with the Caddy, but feel the 2008 are getting terrible reviews and we don't know what to buy next. Looking at the Mercedes GL450. If you have an older Escalade, they were made much nicer than the new ones.

Great Cad
By Ted on 04/19/06 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Compared to other large SUVs, I feel that the Escalade is a very good vehicle in all areas. Toyotas and others are overrated on thier performance and milage abilities. I am a maitenance guy and have worked on vehicles and equipment for over 40 years. The one thing I have found is that most people are not totally honest about thier fuel mileage or maintenance problems. Most don't keep thier tires inflated to the proper inflation or don't realize how much fuel quality can differ from dealer to dealer.

Outstanding vehicle
By Jack Moore on 07/20/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have been driving cars starting with models built in the teens, Model Ts, Model As, Plymonths 35s, Mercury 39, Chevy 50, Ford 56, and a number of other models. I purchased a Cadillac STS in 1999 and another in 2001. I purchased my present Escalade in 2004. It has been the best car that I have owned. I have never had a thing wrong with it and it drives super well. It handles easily and gives me supper strength and speed when I need it. It has gotten me out of tight plases with ease and comfort. Of course the pickup is incredible and there when I need it. The interior is attractive and quiet the air is great and a also quiet. I have owened autos for 70 years, this is the best!

great vehicle
By Ben on 07/16/05 18:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Escalade is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven and the navigation sytem got me through Canada. Great job Cadillac. I give a 10 to the Escalade over all.

Best SUV on the road
By Bob Vanard on 06/01/05 11:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Escalade was purchased for the style and comfort. The ride is compared to riding your living sofa with wheels. Sure some of the interior plastic is cheap looking but I did not buy it for the interior appearence, We enjoy the looks and ride, I like to sit above the traffic and see what's ahead of me with the Escalade, I have the best SUV on the market. I'm one proud owner.

Love My Escalade
By Kirsten Stafford on 05/29/05 07:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first American car I have ever purchased, but I have benn an SUV driver for years. This is by far the nicest looking, head turning comfortable ride out there!!! But dont want to ride to far! It gets terrible gas mileage, but if you have money like most who drive one, it is not an issue!

Best car i ever owned
By joseph arongino on 04/12/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

You feel safe in this vechile. The ride is a smooth luxury ride. The response is right there, it handles well if you worry about gas mileage you would never buy this car. On long trips we put all the grand kids in the back pop in a video and off you go, this is just a great car

great
By stephanie hagey on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my truck

Good SUV
By testing1 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Like it a alot