Used 2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Why did my dad sell this car....
By carboy1993

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My dad bought this car from a huge car enthusiast. It was fully decked out, on 22s, chrome door handles, gas door, mirrors, all 4 windows were tinted, remote start, second row tv, gps. the previous guy even took out the original seats and put in custom black leather seats, he also put in a train horn alarm, ipod auxillary, and thousands of dollars worth of speakers and subs to make the bose audio twice as loud, just as bassy, and very very clear froma distance. The car was in perfect shape inside and out, very reliable for the 1 year we had it. I got to drive it twice a week, and my girlfriend loved it jsut as much as she loves me. The reason we sold it-gas mileage. I still miss it

Favorite Features

Adjustable gas pedal, tv, gps, front grill

Suggested Improvements

Gas, gas gas

The best vehicle I have own!
By therockaligion

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have the white pearl Caddy. This vehicle turns eads everywhere. I have taken it off road and up the hills in the Rockies. This Caddy has a lot of power and handles like a sport car.

Favorite Features

Navigation and Bose system. The seats are super confy. The rear DVD is great to shut the kids up.

Suggested Improvements

Rear view camera and Bluetooth.

Luxury, Performance, and Fun
By mikeygg69

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. Every time I drive my Escalade SUV it's like an adventure; from the stereo system to the beefy performance and luxurious ride, 2005 Cadillac Escalade is the best SUV ever. I have never heard a better stereo system in my life, and I actually own a BMW with a Harmon Cardin stereo system. It cannot touch the Escalade. It is like my own personal symphony orchestra at a touch of a button. I attempted a trade in a year ago, but change my mind after the test drive. I am fully convinced that the 2005, Cadillac Escalade is the best SUV truck available, hands down. If you want a reliable truck, go find you a 2005, Cadillac Escalade truck.

Favorite Features

Everything

Suggested Improvements

Non

Cadi ESV is the best
By Ed

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a best SUV, car and truck. I have driven ESV for 5 yrs and love it. Driven in the snow storm and full snow on the road, it feels like car hugs the road. Going up the mountain, CanWhistler, Salt City, Colorado, Lake Tahoe, it has the all the power you need and more. Driving in the city, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle, it feels like your driving a car and it is has the luxury ride. This Cadi is very reliable and I have not had any problems of any sort. Pulling a 3-5 ton trailer no problem, you can't even feel your even pulling a trailer. After 67,000 miles on the Cadi, it beats any Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes and Rover. You got to try it to believe it. I have for 5yrs.

Favorite Features

Engine sounds no other kind.. One of a kind.. Try cruise control at 90mph for an hour, you will feel like your driving a Corvette. Oh by the way, I believe it has a Corvette engine V8 6L. But remember your driving a SUV, Truck, Car or Corvette.

Suggested Improvements

More amenities......

Not sure where to go from here...
By Jim in SanDiego

2005 Cadillac Escalade SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

10 years ago, my wife's dream car was the 2004 RAV4 L...Today, she now owns the 2005 White Diamond Escalade Rwd that she saw (and had to have) a successful drug dealer driving in an episode of Burn Notice. Even got comparable 22" chrome bling. It is, without question, the prettiest, beefiest, most noticeable production car on the road today, even after 10 years post-concept (first production version was model year '02). Now the problem is, without spending $100K+ on something really highend, what do we replace it with in 5-6 years? There is nothing even up to the 2012-hopper even comparable.

Favorite Features

Entertainment package rocks!

Suggested Improvements

Need just a tad more room behind the 3rd row; not ESV-type room, just 3 or 4 more inches, seriously.