2005 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
Why did my dad sell this car....
By carboy1993 on 09/23/11 04:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My dad bought this car from a huge car enthusiast. It was fully decked out, on 22s, chrome door handles, gas door, mirrors, all 4 windows were tinted, remote start, second row tv, gps. the previous guy even took out the original seats and put in custom black leather seats, he also put in a train horn alarm, ipod auxillary, and thousands of dollars worth of speakers and subs to make the bose audio twice as loud, just as bassy, and very very clear froma distance. The car was in perfect shape inside and out, very reliable for the 1 year we had it. I got to drive it twice a week, and my girlfriend loved it jsut as much as she loves me. The reason we sold it-gas mileage. I still miss it

The best vehicle I have own!
By therockaligion on 08/22/11 17:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have the white pearl Caddy. This vehicle turns eads everywhere. I have taken it off road and up the hills in the Rockies. This Caddy has a lot of power and handles like a sport car.

Luxury, Performance, and Fun
By mikeygg69 on 07/01/11 19:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever driven. Every time I drive my Escalade SUV it's like an adventure; from the stereo system to the beefy performance and luxurious ride, 2005 Cadillac Escalade is the best SUV ever. I have never heard a better stereo system in my life, and I actually own a BMW with a Harmon Cardin stereo system. It cannot touch the Escalade. It is like my own personal symphony orchestra at a touch of a button. I attempted a trade in a year ago, but change my mind after the test drive. I am fully convinced that the 2005, Cadillac Escalade is the best SUV truck available, hands down. If you want a reliable truck, go find you a 2005, Cadillac Escalade truck.

Cadi ESV is the best
By Ed on 01/11/10 19:36 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a best SUV, car and truck. I have driven ESV for 5 yrs and love it. Driven in the snow storm and full snow on the road, it feels like car hugs the road. Going up the mountain, CanWhistler, Salt City, Colorado, Lake Tahoe, it has the all the power you need and more. Driving in the city, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle, it feels like your driving a car and it is has the luxury ride. This Cadi is very reliable and I have not had any problems of any sort. Pulling a 3-5 ton trailer no problem, you can't even feel your even pulling a trailer. After 67,000 miles on the Cadi, it beats any Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes and Rover. You got to try it to believe it. I have for 5yrs.

Not sure where to go from here...
By Jim in SanDiego on 01/02/10 10:52 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

10 years ago, my wife's dream car was the 2004 RAV4 L...Today, she now owns the 2005 White Diamond Escalade Rwd that she saw (and had to have) a successful drug dealer driving in an episode of Burn Notice. Even got comparable 22" chrome bling. It is, without question, the prettiest, beefiest, most noticeable production car on the road today, even after 10 years post-concept (first production version was model year '02). Now the problem is, without spending $100K+ on something really highend, what do we replace it with in 5-6 years? There is nothing even up to the 2012-hopper even comparable.

$55,000 Peice of junk
By 05escalade on 12/10/09 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I replaced the fuel pump at 61000 miles.Speedo Doesn't work anymore.and at 84000 miles i just got to replace the transmission.over car looks and feels great but has alot of issues.

Love my Escalade
By Kelly J on 09/14/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2005 Escalade. I bought it as a demo with 3000 miles on it in 2005. I have 80,000 miles on it now and haven't had anything go wrong other than an issue with the heater fan, it wouldn't stop running even when off, so the dealership fixed it and haven't had any other issues. It just now needs new brakes, other than that I haven't put a dime into it as far as repairs go. I wanted to trade it in for a newer model, but I wasn't impressed with the interior on the new Escalades, my 2005 is much more plush and looks way better; the new ones look cheap inside...no caddy logos in the seats? I just can't say enough good things about this SUV...I love it!

Great truck
By great truck on 01/17/09 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have a 2005 Escalade that we love and have never had any trouble with. We travel a lot and always take the Escalade. We also have a Range Rover sport and the comfort is nothing compared to the Caddy. Never any trouble with the Caddy, but feel the 2008 are getting terrible reviews and we don't know what to buy next. Looking at the Mercedes GL450. If you have an older Escalade, they were made much nicer than the new ones.

Riptide Rush
By Bus Covert on 11/03/08 09:39 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This SUV is fun to drive. This is hands down better than my 2000 Navigator. The new features are striking. The factory Nav unit is awesome. The new color Riptide, Blue Green Crystal is a great color. I get some many compliments on it.

Love my Escalade!
By Karen on 01/03/07 16:32 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We've had our Escalade for four months now and have no complaints. It a beautiful vehicle and handles well. The mileage is what you expect from an SUV. We are having some problems with the hands free phone not understanding us but have not yet looked into getting it fixed. The driver's seat is comfortable and with the memory settings there are no arguments about moving the seat. I am definitely impressed with the quality of our Escalade. We've had SUVs before and a common problem was an impaired view on turns. This is definitely not a problem with the Escalade.