Used 2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Most Helpful|
Looking for Resolution
By Debbie

2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I received my 2004 Escalade as a Christmas gift from my husband in 2003. I fell in love at first site. I have had very little problems until recently. Nothing major, the speedometer went out. I brought it in to be fixed. Wasn't cheap. My husband also bought an Escalade EXT as a result of mine. He purchased his a year later. His speedometer just went out too. We were told to call Cadillac that there is a Campaign that we should be reimbursed for the part. I am currently fighting with them as they are telling me that I didn't have this "Special Policy". I have talked to many GM owners who have had to replace speedometers. Other than that, I LOVE my caddy.

Favorite Features

Style, comfort and safety. Class all the way.

Suggested Improvements

The rear door is too heavy to pull down. Should be power operated. Gas door should be lockable.

Outstanding SUV
By 6paul11

2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Escalade is nothing short of an outstanding vehicle. If you are looking for command presence, curb appeal, and attitude that works in all weather conditions, look no further. Pros: -Excellent V8 engine that snarls when you put your foot down and has no trouble smoking most vehicles on the road. -Handles well -Good sound system Cons: -The interior build quality is a real black eye. They dropped the ball on this one. -Some replacement parts are pricey -Electronics build quality is also a little spotty

Favorite Features

Engine, curb appeal, The engine again

Suggested Improvements

Build quality really needs work. GM should also lower the price on the replacement parts for these vehicles.

Gonna take it to 250k!
By d1tinez

2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love this truck! Keep in mind it is just that...a full size truck, just all dressed up. We bought it used with 76K and in 1 year we have already crossed 100K, and not a flicker. I am a huge fan of this GMC line up. The ride, power and class is second to none. We plan to go 250k miles before we upgrade to another. This is the best family vehicle! Lots of power, comfort and class. Buy one and you will see why most Escalade owners go for a second.

Favorite Features

Power, Ride and room

Suggested Improvements

Better quality front end bushings, they tend to go at 75k or so. Not a big deal though and is expected with a 6,000 lb vehicle

Great Vehicle
By John

2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had mine for a month now, gone on very long trips and love it, have tvs in all the headrests and some 22s on it. My favorite vehicle I've owned yet.

A "Truck" underneath the Glamour
By latrae75

2004 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Escalade with the 6.0 liter in February. It was certified and came with the extended factory bumper to bumper 6yr/100k warranty. I hear about people complaining about it's fuel economy, but you must realize that behind all the chrome and flash that this is still a 5700 lb truck with a 6 liter V8. I use to get about 17 mpg on the highway, but I have installed a K&N filter($50) and a custom Flowmaster exhaust system($450), and now I get between 20-21 mpg with premium(93 octane) gas on the highway cruising at 70 mph, with 22" wheels. If fuel consumption is a worry for you, then simply don't buy an suv. But this truck is absolutely awesome, especially on long 200+ mile trips.

Favorite Features

Powerful on road presence. The 6.0 liter engine. The extremely comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Power rear hatch.