2004 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
Gonna take it to 250k!
By d1tinez on 03/24/12 20:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love this truck! Keep in mind it is just that...a full size truck, just all dressed up. We bought it used with 76K and in 1 year we have already crossed 100K, and not a flicker. I am a huge fan of this GMC line up. The ride, power and class is second to none. We plan to go 250k miles before we upgrade to another. This is the best family vehicle! Lots of power, comfort and class. Buy one and you will see why most Escalade owners go for a second.

Looking for Resolution
By Debbie on 04/08/09 08:02 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I received my 2004 Escalade as a Christmas gift from my husband in 2003. I fell in love at first site. I have had very little problems until recently. Nothing major, the speedometer went out. I brought it in to be fixed. Wasn't cheap. My husband also bought an Escalade EXT as a result of mine. He purchased his a year later. His speedometer just went out too. We were told to call Cadillac that there is a Campaign that we should be reimbursed for the part. I am currently fighting with them as they are telling me that I didn't have this "Special Policy". I have talked to many GM owners who have had to replace speedometers. Other than that, I LOVE my caddy.

A "Truck" underneath the Glamour
By latrae75 on 12/15/07 17:07 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Escalade with the 6.0 liter in February. It was certified and came with the extended factory bumper to bumper 6yr/100k warranty. I hear about people complaining about it's fuel economy, but you must realize that behind all the chrome and flash that this is still a 5700 lb truck with a 6 liter V8. I use to get about 17 mpg on the highway, but I have installed a K&N filter($50) and a custom Flowmaster exhaust system($450), and now I get between 20-21 mpg with premium(93 octane) gas on the highway cruising at 70 mph, with 22" wheels. If fuel consumption is a worry for you, then simply don't buy an suv. But this truck is absolutely awesome, especially on long 200+ mile trips.

Great Vehicle
By John on 10/28/07 23:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had mine for a month now, gone on very long trips and love it, have tvs in all the headrests and some 22s on it. My favorite vehicle I've owned yet.

Second Escalade
By Bailey on 02/06/06 10:36 AM (PST)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had my last Cadillac Escalade for five years and did not have to do anything, not even a light bulb change! What a wonderful vehicle, now I'm on Escalade number 2. I will buy another one in 5 years. This is a heavy and dependable truck.

2004 - Great Car
By PAT on 08/01/05 10:56 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great trick. I get tons of great comments on its looks (we have 22" Custom wheels) Feel proud to drive it. Dealer has been excellent in dealing with any issues - large or small.

Great Truck, Cheap Interior
By caddy love on 06/28/05 12:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We love the truck, very powerful and reliable, excellent quality when it comes to drive train. The only reason why I might never buy another Cadillac after owning soooo many is the cheap and horrible design of the interiors. I'm begging Cadillac to change their outdated mindset of plastic and unimaginative thinking and take example from Lincoln when it comes to interior design. Power rear hatch, folding rear seats, rain sensor wipers, cooled leather seats, center shifter, and please get rid of the plastic! Make it a Cadillac not a Tahoe with enhanced cheap trim. We are all getting tired of GM cutting corners on Cadillac. If it does not change, my selection will.

Dream come true
By Jimmy Chae on 11/11/04 22:31 PM (PST)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have always dreamed of owning a Cadillac. With a family of five,this vehicle tailors to all, conveniently and with room to spare. A pleasure to drive to the market or long distance. First drive a Tahoe. Then drive the Escalade. You will notice the difference. You get what you pay for,defenitely. You will also get the attention of your friends, family and neighbors. It is my trophy.

unsatisfied customer
By tammy spencer on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When i purchased my escalde i was informed it had a dvd entertainment center in it and once the sell was complete i found out that they sold me a vehicle that did not have one so the sales people are selling a vehicle that they know nothing about. Also i bought a interior cleaning and stain guard when i picked up my vehicle from haveing it serviced at bill cookes which also included the under rust proofing i was shocked to find my vehicle in such awful shape that i was upset with them and will never return when i contacted caddilac inc they did nothing about my complaint of the dvd entertainment center. so my complant is that they should not sell a vehicle

Love My Escalade
By Rich Fisher on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have found the Escalade a real pleasure to drive anywhere, anytime. I have 22" rims, lowered it 3&5 added a lot of billet pieces and it gets a whole lot of attention everywhere I go.