Used 2004 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

2004 Cadillac Escalade

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Best car on the road!!
By Trevor

2004 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING else but the same thing new!!

Outstanding SUV
By 6paul11

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This Escalade is nothing short of an outstanding vehicle. If you are looking for command presence, curb appeal, and attitude that works in all weather conditions, look no further.

Pros:

-Excellent V8 engine that snarls when you put your foot down and has no trouble smoking most vehicles on the road.

-Handles well

-Good sound system

Cons:

-The interior build quality is a real black eye. They dropped the ball on this one.

-Some replacement parts are pricey

-Electronics build quality is also a little spotty

Engine, curb appeal, The engine again

Build quality really needs work. GM should also lower the price on the replacement parts for these vehicles.

Gonna take it to 250k!
By d1tinez

We love this truck!
Keep in mind it is just that...a full size truck, just all dressed up.
We bought it used with 76K and in 1 year we have already crossed 100K, and not a flicker.
I am a huge fan of this GMC line up.
The ride, power and class is second to none.
We plan to go 250k miles before we upgrade to another.
This is the best family vehicle!
Lots of power, comfort and class.
Buy one and you will see why most Escalade owners go for a second.

Power, Ride and room

Better quality front end bushings, they tend to go at 75k or so. Not a big deal though and is expected with a 6,000 lb vehicle

Looking for Resolution
By Debbie

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I received my 2004 Escalade as a Christmas gift from my husband in 2003. I fell in love at first site. I have had very little problems until recently. Nothing major, the speedometer went out. I brought it in to be fixed. Wasn't cheap. My husband also bought an Escalade EXT as a result of mine. He purchased his a year later. His speedometer just went out too. We were told to call Cadillac that there is a Campaign that we should be reimbursed for the part. I am currently fighting with them as they are telling me that I didn't have this "Special Policy". I have talked to many GM owners who have had to replace speedometers. Other than that, I LOVE my caddy.

Style, comfort and safety. Class all the way.

The rear door is too heavy to pull down. Should be power operated. Gas door should be lockable.

A "Truck" underneath the Glamour
By latrae75

2004 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2004 Escalade with the 6.0 liter in February. It was certified and came with the extended factory bumper to bumper 6yr/100k warranty. I hear about people complaining about it's fuel economy, but you must realize that behind all the chrome and flash that this is still a 5700 lb truck with a 6 liter V8. I use to get about 17 mpg on the highway, but I have installed a K&N filter($50) and a custom Flowmaster exhaust system($450), and now I get between 20-21 mpg with premium(93 octane) gas on the highway cruising at 70 mph, with 22" wheels. If fuel consumption is a worry for you, then simply don't buy an suv. But this truck is absolutely awesome, especially on long 200+ mile trips.

Powerful on road presence. The 6.0 liter engine. The extremely comfortable seats.

Power rear hatch.