Used 2003 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

The Slade
By Rex

2003 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great vehicle. It sounds like a muscle car when started. The only thing that I don't like is where the heated seat warmer button is. This is because every time I lock the door or open the window, I accidentally hit the stupid heated seat button, and the next thing I know, my butt is on fire (or it feels like it). This is very frustrating. Other than that, the truck is very reliable and has very good performance. It also turns heads. I love the halogen lights as well. Overall this is a great vehicle!

Favorite Features

The halogen lights, AWD, and the 6.0 V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

Move the heated seat button. Also, I would like to get better than 13 mpg,

'03 Escalade
By R & D

2003 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After my first week of owership I became very disappointed for about the next three months because it turned out that we wound up with an Escalade that had a lemon differential. Once the service department figured out what was wrong with the car and totally replaced the differential with a brand new one, my truck started spending more time with us instead of in the shop. Although it was fun driving all the different "new lenders" they gave us to drive while the car was in the shop.

Favorite Features

The passing power that this vehicle has while towing a very heavy boat and trailer is great.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a better Navigation system, more like the ones in Lexus or Nissan.

We still love our Escalade!
By Dar

2003 Cadillac Escalade Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have been very happy with our Escalade. At about 70,000 the transmission went out and our extended warranty took care of. They did a repair and not a replacement. Other than that this has been a great truck. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a newer one next year.

Favorite Features

The Escalade looks good and has plenty of room.

Suggested Improvements

The console display needs to be turned towards the driver. It would be better if it was centered. Also the console box opens towards driver. Since a truck that big usually has passengers it should open in the front. I think the Escalades now have a power rear door. The door is very heavy to shut and huge to open.

My first American made vehicle
By msjanuary

2003 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the performance of the 2003 Cadillac Escalade as a whole. The gas mileage is tough, but it drives like a dream. I have owned Mercedes and Lexus and the comfort on this Escalade runs circles around those cars. I love how high it sits and the way it handles through mountains. I generally keep vehicles for three years, but I will keep this an extra year then buy the new model. It is super.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage.

What an SUV, What an SUV
By I gotta Escalade

2003 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Cadillac Escalade is a very nice SUV even eith gas prices rising. I bought a 2003 White Diamond Escalade and it draws attention when people see it going down the road. It enables me to carry all of my family at once and be comfortable. It also enables me (the driver) to be comfortable and have fun. Truly it is a good, stylish luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

The color, seating capacity, CD player, DVD player, sunroof / moonfroof, OnStar, and navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

Make the floor deeper or the seats higher on the 3rd row.