Used 2002 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

2002 Cadillac Escalade
By Betty Branum

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

At first I was not using the Escalade, because I was driving my old car, a Chrysler Cirrus LXI, trying to sell it. I must admit I was a little scared to drive the big SUV, because it was so much bigger than what I was used to. When I took my first trip in this Escalade, I was hooked. I LOVE it. It takes a little more gas than some vehicles, but the drive and ride overrides the cost. It is far superior to other vehicles I have driven.

Favorite Features

OnStar, lighted mirrors, that flip up, and the Bose radio system with 6 CD loading for superior listening pleasure. It also has a cassette system, I love that also! The ride is excellent.

I'm lovin' my new "used" ride
By Christine

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a luxury vehicle before. I just traded in my 2004 Jeep Liberty for a 2002 Cadillac Escalade with 30,000 miles and it rides better than my Jeep did with only 6,000 miles. I love the roomy interior, the speakers are great, and the ride is so smooth. It's a heck of a way down if you forget how high up you are when exiting the car though! So far I'm happy, but I did get an extended warranty just in case things go wrong.

Favorite Features

Large seats, OnStar, stereo, and the smooth ride

A gas eater, but I'm glad to have it.
By Johntherhat

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever had. I am 85 years old and have owned probably 20 cars. None have given me the multitude of "Good feelings" this car does. It handles beautifully on the highway and is surprisingly easy to park.

Favorite Features

The folding outside rear-view mirrors.

2002 Cadillac Escalade
By Steve Olsen

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe which was great, but this Cadillac Escalade has so much more power, better handling and a really nice sounding stereo. I also love the on-board computer, higher qaulity leather seats, tilting 2nd row seats, and finally with this big boy sporting a big Cadillac emblem so no one will mistake this ride for just another SUV...

Favorite Features

I love the 6.0 liter engine with the heavy duty transmission. I live and drive in the Sierra mountains and the power is there when needed. To think I can haul up to 8 adults and get 17 mpg on the freeway, I believe this is great fuel economy for load/weight/usage...

Suggested Improvements

Really can not think of any, even my wife who adores her BMW loves to ride in the Escalade.

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD
By Transporter

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I gave up my BMW 740is which is a great car, but my 2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD is a blast to drive, powerful, rugged, safe, and has great road vision. I'm impressed with the fuel mileage. Don't get me wrong, this is no Honda, but to think I can haul 7-8 people at 17-18 MPG on the freeway, which is not to bad.

Favorite Features

I love this 6.0 engine. I've been amazed how quiet the idle is, it is almost like it's not even running.

Suggested Improvements

None