2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
Minor problems
By M N Bajrangi on 08/18/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoyed driving the escalade, but since it the first year it came out a few minor hiccup need to be corrected. When the back shock stays up it puts pressure on the front, thus when one goes in a little hole the front suspension goes up and down repeatedly.

Cadillac Escalade
By john on 12/02/05 18:52 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac is a blast to drive. The acceleration is quick and powerful. It has OnStar for any emergencies which is good. It takes time getting used to all of the space that it takes in different lanes compared to a passenger car though.

Incredible
By sileagle on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Compared to my 1999 Escalade this vehicle has been incredible. It would be hard to envision how GM could improve on this SUV.

good car
By mr philipe on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is good

KID CAR/LUXURY VEHICLE
By MLYNNESMITH on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I HAD BEEN DRIVING SEDAN DEVILLES FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS BEFORE CHANGING TO THE ESCALADE. I WATCHED THE VEHICLE UNTIL THE THIRD SEAT BECAME AVAILABLE, THEN I BOUGHT IT. I MUST SAY THAT I WAS A BIT SCHEPTICAL AS I WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE FROM A CAR TO A SUV. IN RETROSPECT, I AM GLAD I DID. I DO NOT BELIEVE I GAVE UP MY "caddie ride", NOR DID I GIVE UP MUCH OF MY ENGINE PERFORMANCE OR MANEUVERABILITY.

Escalade the cool ride.
By Eloise on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Much better gas mileage than expected, fun to drive, love the powerful engine.

It's All That
By Escalade on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this Truck, i've had about 4 or 5 Suv's over the years and known of them compare. The Ride and comfort make it feel like your not even driving.

2WD NOT A CADILLAC RIDE
By Guerry on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2WD different suspension than 4wd -- YOU FEEL EVERY bump-- and 2wd indistinguisable from 4wd -- we test drove a 4wd and were told it was a 2WD- 4wD a wonderful vehicle- One cannot get past call center people to talk to Cadillac -- We could not get a fair deal to upgrade to 4WD -- to correct what is an obvious CADILLAC problem

Excellent
By patricia pote on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have found the Escalade to be one of the best vehicle in style and performance on the market.Other than the gas mileage it's a fun vehicle to drive.I just purchased a silver sand 2002 and so far i've enjoyed the ride.I have not driven my vehicle on the highway and hope that when i do it handles the same as city,just better gas mileage.

nice car!
By big baller on 03/15/02 00:03 AM (PST)

i love this truck