2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:
Best car ever!
By escalade23 on 08/05/10 01:34 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted one since I was 12 and it's everything and more I dreamed of! The ride is so smooth and luxurious. So quiet the first day I got it. I turned over the key cause I thought it was off. It is like driving an airplane at night. Has every feature you could possible want. The body style is so good Cadillac didn't change it for 5 years. Feel so safe and sound whenever I drive it. Not good on gas but its worth the price. Has a powerful huge engine that can get up and go when you need to.

Minor problems
By M N Bajrangi on 08/18/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoyed driving the escalade, but since it the first year it came out a few minor hiccup need to be corrected. When the back shock stays up it puts pressure on the front, thus when one goes in a little hole the front suspension goes up and down repeatedly.

Still Solid and Going Strong
By EasternHorseman on 01/11/07 06:26 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my '02 Escalade as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle in 2003. This is the best "car" I've ever owned. It is still solid with minor wear and tear after 106,000 miles. It is an SUV with the handling and comfort of a "car". Even when hauling two horses in a trailer, this baby feels safe to me. I probably will drive it another 100,000 miles as I don't feel like I am taking a chance that the newer models can out do this one. Nice work on this 2002 model.

You need to drive one
By Ron on 08/05/06 21:20 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle's performance is very smooth and fast. It handles well and make close turns. My sister said it turns make a Volkswagen.

Cadillac Escalade
By john on 12/02/05 18:52 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac is a blast to drive. The acceleration is quick and powerful. It has OnStar for any emergencies which is good. It takes time getting used to all of the space that it takes in different lanes compared to a passenger car though.

2002 Cadillac Escalade
By Betty Branum on 09/24/05 12:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

At first I was not using the Escalade, because I was driving my old car, a Chrysler Cirrus LXI, trying to sell it. I must admit I was a little scared to drive the big SUV, because it was so much bigger than what I was used to. When I took my first trip in this Escalade, I was hooked. I LOVE it. It takes a little more gas than some vehicles, but the drive and ride overrides the cost. It is far superior to other vehicles I have driven.

I'm lovin' my new "used" ride
By Christine on 06/25/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned a luxury vehicle before. I just traded in my 2004 Jeep Liberty for a 2002 Cadillac Escalade with 30,000 miles and it rides better than my Jeep did with only 6,000 miles. I love the roomy interior, the speakers are great, and the ride is so smooth. It's a heck of a way down if you forget how high up you are when exiting the car though! So far I'm happy, but I did get an extended warranty just in case things go wrong.

A gas eater, but I'm glad to have it.
By Johntherhat on 06/16/05 20:44 PM (PDT)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I've ever had. I am 85 years old and have owned probably 20 cars. None have given me the multitude of "Good feelings" this car does. It handles beautifully on the highway and is surprisingly easy to park.

2002 Cadillac Escalade
By Steve Olsen on 02/06/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe which was great, but this Cadillac Escalade has so much more power, better handling and a really nice sounding stereo. I also love the on-board computer, higher qaulity leather seats, tilting 2nd row seats, and finally with this big boy sporting a big Cadillac emblem so no one will mistake this ride for just another SUV...

2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD
By Transporter on 12/28/04 00:50 AM (PST)

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I gave up my BMW 740is which is a great car, but my 2002 Cadillac Escalade AWD is a blast to drive, powerful, rugged, safe, and has great road vision. I'm impressed with the fuel mileage. Don't get me wrong, this is no Honda, but to think I can haul 7-8 people at 17-18 MPG on the freeway, which is not to bad.