Used 2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade model:

Best car ever!
By escalade23

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted one since I was 12 and it's everything and more I dreamed of! The ride is so smooth and luxurious. So quiet the first day I got it. I turned over the key cause I thought it was off. It is like driving an airplane at night. Has every feature you could possible want. The body style is so good Cadillac didn't change it for 5 years. Feel so safe and sound whenever I drive it. Not good on gas but its worth the price. Has a powerful huge engine that can get up and go when you need to.

best feature is the diamond dust paint jobs by cad .The leather seats are better than most recliners. the sound system is stock with Bose. Bose is top of the line. has back up sensors for safety. My favorite is the look. this car looks amazing inside in and out. has distinct body style amazing

This car will look amazing with 24 inch rims or 22 inch rims. and your set cleanest car on planet earth hands down I will always have 2 or 3 of them on hand . very dependable and reliable

Minor problems
By M N Bajrangi

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoyed driving the escalade, but since it the first year it came out a few minor hiccup need to be corrected. When the back shock stays up it puts pressure on the front, thus when one goes in a little hole the front suspension goes up and down repeatedly.

The sound system is beautiful. My only problem is when you start it the back shock goes up and when you cut it off one side goes down and the other side stays up. How can I correct that.

For a car of only 14,000 miles and well cared for I don't think one should have any problem. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to rectify that problem. Thanks.

Still Solid and Going Strong
By EasternHorseman

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my '02 Escalade as a Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle in 2003. This is the best "car" I've ever owned. It is still solid with minor wear and tear after 106,000 miles. It is an SUV with the handling and comfort of a "car". Even when hauling two horses in a trailer, this baby feels safe to me. I probably will drive it another 100,000 miles as I don't feel like I am taking a chance that the newer models can out do this one. Nice work on this 2002 model.

The smooth and tight steering, engine performance, and feeling of being in an airtight vehicle. I love how the road noise is minimal.

You need to drive one
By Ron

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle's performance is very smooth and fast. It handles well and make close turns. My sister said it turns make a Volkswagen.

The sound system and the steering wheel controls.

It should have locks on the gas tank.

Cadillac Escalade
By john

2002 Cadillac Escalade SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Cadillac is a blast to drive. The acceleration is quick and powerful. It has OnStar for any emergencies which is good. It takes time getting used to all of the space that it takes in different lanes compared to a passenger car though.

Leather interior, Bose stereo, heated seats, power seats, lots of legroom, chrome wheels, HID lights, powerful V8 engine, and the cool social status associated with an Escalade.

Better fuel mileage. This suv costs almost $100 a week to fill up with the rising cost of gas.