My First SUV and My Wife won't share
By jsheesley on
1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD
I am the second owner of my 1999 Cadillac Escalade. It had 53,000 miles on it when I bought it and I paid $18,000 for it. It was cheaper much than a new one. I got the Cadillac luxury for a Chevrolet Tahoe price. I love the heated seats, Boise stereo, security sys, and Vortex engine. But who was the fool engineer who put the oil filter horizontally above the 4 wheel drive transfer case? Oil runs down my arm everytime I change it. I have hauled 20 bags of cement or 25 cement blocks with no set down problems. This truck has a great suspension. I had to change the front disc rotors, they worpt. Also, the front suspension rubber bumpers needed replaced. This truck tows a 20' ski boat no problem. When in 4WD the front end is jumpy. But 2WD provides a great ride. The tail gate hard for my wife to get down but its better that the double doors. I will buy a used one again...
Favorite Features
The fact that it's a Cadillac. The nicer front end looks better than the one on the current generation. Heated seats and mirrors are a must. It's a hauler with luxuary. the Vortex engine is great. I like the four drivetrain selection options. The Boise stereo speaks for itself. I also like the fact that it runs on regular gas. I save a bundle at the pump. It has many cup holders. My wife took it from me and loves it.
Suggested Improvements
Relocate the oil filter! The Vortex runs cool so it takes a while for the heater to produce hot air. The front rotors shouldn't have gone out at 55,000 miles. For a short person the tail gate is hard to get down. The steering wheel is off center by and inch or 2. That's it.