Used 1999 Cadillac Escalade Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Cadillac Escalade - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

It did its job well
By rwp

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this vehicle used with approximately 40,000 miles on it. I was looking for a good family SUV with some luxury. That is what I got. Gas mileage is poor, but I knew that going in. The leather seats are great, sound system is BOSE need i say more, OnStar, and a rocking entertainment system with UHF/VHF antenna on rear side windows for local programming ( you don't see that anymore). Vehicle has required some work, but nothing serious, extended warranty covered it. In the end w/gas prices and increased drive to work it has become uneconomical to own. Would reccommend to anyone with short commute.

Leather seats, BOSE stereo system, entertainment system, OnStar, 5.7L engine, plenty of passing and tow power. Rear A/C & heated seats, and 4x4 ability.

All taken care of in newest models, but this model could have used more rear legroom, rear windows did not go down all the way, better brakes, and better fuel economy.

1999 Escalade Review
By drwoman

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

Very satisfied with the performance, looks, comfort, and reliability of this car. I have driven it for 5 years and have only had routine maintenance. I hope t have it for years to come!

Great Truck
By Thomas39

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

This vehicle is very reliable, 104k miles on it and runs like new. The most notable thing about this vehicle is how stable it is, note that this is an older generation SUV without stability control or other systems. It looks like it would have bad handeling given its size but it dosn't. Also the turning radius is outstanding. It does lack some key features like auto climate control and a sunroof.

Handeling, very good reliability ,exhaust note, unique exterior design, its 6 years old and people still stare.

Some small rattles can be fixed, but no big problem, the newer model fixed all the issues of the previous generation.

Nice Drive & Ride
By PCF

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

First year of the Escalade, and what you get is a lot of trim on a Yukon/Tahoe package. Very nice ride. 19mpg Hwy mileage. Not a lot of extra electronics inside, but a fine luxury presentation. The seats are great. Engine has factor specs still on compression. Considering the price of new quality, large SUV's (about 45-50k) finding an older model for about 1/3 the price is a nice find. And that is what I was looking for.

Seating.

A few more electronics would be nice.

Caddys=$$$
By Some pinoy guy

1999 Cadillac Escalade 4dr SUV AWD

I love my escalade. It is a reliable car and I can probably use it for about three more years!!!

I love the seat warmers, leather seats, sound system, pretty much everything that I have, not including the custumized stuff.

I just think this car has really xrappy milage.