Used 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escalade Hybrid model:

Huge Mistake
By Michele

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

My husband wanted this car and we traded in our Lexus GX for it. I should have know something when they rushed to take our Lexus. It looks great on the outside, causing accidents when I drive from people looking so hard. Cheaply made bumper (bumped while parked by a car slowing coming out park) and broke clips and bumper. Seat belts are flimsy (my kids as well as myself struggle to buckle in). We are currently trading it in and it has lost so much value the last year (over 10 thousand). Factory Remote start works when it feels like it. I have to push button several times unless I am right next to it. Who needs it then. Don't listen when they tell you that this car can take regular.

Favorite Features

I love the retractable mirrors and running boards.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality on everything. Stop focusing on the outside cosmetics and put some quality in the material.

Swag!
By FormerJapaneseBuyer

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I'll cut to the chase: 18 MPG AVG for me, iPhone 3G pairs easily and Bluetooth works great; kids can watch and listen to movie with included Bluetooth headphones - while parents listen to 6-disc CDs/XM; rear console A/V jacks keeps cable out of sight when hooking up to iPhone or 111 game Nintendo knock-off or PSP; exterior styling says, "yeah, I gettin moneh" as well as prompts jealous onlookers. I own a Prius and used to buy japanese cars exclusively - but not anymore! I'm 33 y/o and I rock (and I thank God/Allah/Yaweh - whoever is responsible for giving me what I have - if he/she really exists).

Favorite Features

Section 179 business vehicle deduction!

Suggested Improvements

NEED SmartKey entry and push button starting to earn a 10! This is the ultimate convenience - unlocking/locking and starting the car - without taking the keys out of my pocket. My base Prius has it - but not my Escalade :(

Love It !
By Frank

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded in a 2007 Tahoe for the Escalade and so far I am very impressed with the performance. You step on the gas and the performance is much better than I was expecting from a hybrid. I am getting 20.7 MPG combined City/Highway driving with mildly conservative driving habits.The fit and finish is what you would expect from Cadillac and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Hybrid

Suggested Improvements

The third row seating should retract in to the floor like competitive models.

Enjoy the ride
By walt

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Enjoy the car a lot. We traded in a Volvo XC-90 and enjoy an increase of about 5 mpg and (more important to the wife) an increase of about a 200 miles between fill-ups. The Escalade has performed flawlessly and the tight turning radius makes it easy to park. The magnetic ride control easily makes this the best riding vehicle I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Back up camera, overall comfort level, and the quietness of the Escalade

Suggested Improvements

Rear seats are a bit of a pain to take in and out but I would not trade a smaller gas tank fo them to fold flat