Used 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV

View reviews for a specific Escalade Hybrid model:

HYBRID cadillac Escalade
By Jennifer

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV Platinum Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I was the second owner of my 2009 cadillac hybrid escalade, I have not enjoyed a suv of this size as much as this escalade ,it is still so classy looking it turns heads , love to drive it in any weather, handles snow with features like dial in 4 high 4 low and All wheel drive and hugs the mountain roads , I regularly carpool kids to sports in and out of state & love the comfort for all ages accommodates my husband's 6'4 height w ease & a car full of people seats 8 ,still has room for moderate storage in trunk fully seated but any large luggage I have a travel case for roof rack , great gas mileage the Hybrid module recharges when you brake , the sound system & television are outstanding I have owned several suburbans as well as a Mercedes suv but this is my favorite.

After a year of ownership
By imint213

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Well, I'm not that impressed with Cadillac. For the price you pay, more thought should go into the comfort and convenience. First of all, how does it not have a cabin air filter. Even low model Toyotas have cabin filters. Instead of 22 inch wheels, they should be 20 inch for a smoother ride. Cadillac needs to redesign the way the 3rd row seating folding can accommodate more storage space. I could go on and on.

The Big Sipper
By Brak

It ain't a Prius, but I am getting much better city mileage than in my previous CX-9. I have been pleasantly surprised that I have not given up much in terms of acceleration but gained so much in luxury, comfort and space. The legend is (not from the dealer but my research) that this is one of the "bail- out mobiles" driven from Detroit by the GM execs that were blasted for flying the private jets. A bunch of them came off lease and I got this for $11k-$13k below retail (according to Edmunds and KBB). Looks a lot better once I got all the blasted "Hybrid" decals off. We are in love with the Big Sipper.

Best SUV mileage Comfort Great intuitive navigation Ability to customize Beautiful body Tight turning radius Can move better than I thought REGULAR GAS!

Pull out third row is the only thing my last two SUVs (MDX and CX-9) had on this car. How stupid is that?

Huge Mistake
By Michele

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

My husband wanted this car and we traded in our Lexus GX for it. I should have know something when they rushed to take our Lexus. It looks great on the outside, causing accidents when I drive from people looking so hard. Cheaply made bumper (bumped while parked by a car slowing coming out park) and broke clips and bumper. Seat belts are flimsy (my kids as well as myself struggle to buckle in). We are currently trading it in and it has lost so much value the last year (over 10 thousand). Factory Remote start works when it feels like it. I have to push button several times unless I am right next to it. Who needs it then. Don't listen when they tell you that this car can take regular.

I love the retractable mirrors and running boards.

Better quality on everything. Stop focusing on the outside cosmetics and put some quality in the material.

Are you seriously stupid?
By Sam

WHAT THE HELL did I get myself into? I should have bought a Mercedes Benz or Land Rover Rang Rover HSE! The quality management of this car is horrific, the navigation/cd player unit is useless most of the time due to its horrific functionality: every day I choose a new station it needs to scan the stations again and again and again the navigation is SLOW. I'll press buttons and wait up to 10 seconds until anything happens, and when it does, it'll happen all wrong. I went over a bump, and the plastic under carriage clip broke off and the INTERIOR wood trimming in the rear snapped of since it's a CLIP ON! The DVD unit takes such a long time to start if you've turned off the car so.

The exterior and how people look at me when I'm driving- THAT'S ALL- I'm glad they don't know how much of a resale value loss I'm going through, how I got ripped off on the quality of the car, and how much of a premium I pay to maintain horrific car.

Where the hell should I start? - Interior is garbage and made of garbage material: good luck cleaning the interior, it's easily scratched and damaged for life. - the second and third row are GARBAGE! they manually go up and down and my WIFE CAN'T DO IT! It's extremely heavy to move the third row.