2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escalade Hybrid model:
The Big Sipper
By Brak on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

It ain't a Prius, but I am getting much better city mileage than in my previous CX-9. I have been pleasantly surprised that I have not given up much in terms of acceleration but gained so much in luxury, comfort and space. The legend is (not from the dealer but my research) that this is one of the "bail- out mobiles" driven from Detroit by the GM execs that were blasted for flying the private jets. A bunch of them came off lease and I got this for $11k-$13k below retail (according to Edmunds and KBB). Looks a lot better once I got all the blasted "Hybrid" decals off. We are in love with the Big Sipper.

Huge Mistake
By Michele on 08/13/10 21:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

My husband wanted this car and we traded in our Lexus GX for it. I should have know something when they rushed to take our Lexus. It looks great on the outside, causing accidents when I drive from people looking so hard. Cheaply made bumper (bumped while parked by a car slowing coming out park) and broke clips and bumper. Seat belts are flimsy (my kids as well as myself struggle to buckle in). We are currently trading it in and it has lost so much value the last year (over 10 thousand). Factory Remote start works when it feels like it. I have to push button several times unless I am right next to it. Who needs it then. Don't listen when they tell you that this car can take regular.

Are you seriously stupid?
By Sam on 06/25/10 14:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

WHAT THE HELL did I get myself into? I should have bought a Mercedes Benz or Land Rover Rang Rover HSE! The quality management of this car is horrific, the navigation/cd player unit is useless most of the time due to its horrific functionality: every day I choose a new station it needs to scan the stations again and again and again the navigation is SLOW. I'll press buttons and wait up to 10 seconds until anything happens, and when it does, it'll happen all wrong. I went over a bump, and the plastic under carriage clip broke off and the INTERIOR wood trimming in the rear snapped of since it's a CLIP ON! The DVD unit takes such a long time to start if you've turned off the car so.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND MILEAGE IS TERRI
By amanda on 04/27/10 16:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought this car thinking I was going green. Unfortunately, only thing green about this car is the high price tag. I have always had a MERCEDES and never minded spending the money as it is a quality car. No comparison!!!! Leather is cheap in the Escalade and my dog have made scratches every time they are in there. Storage is non existent. Not even room for the DVD ear phones. No spare tire. Had to pay $1,400 extra for a spare tire mounted underneath the car. This car needs to be totally redesigned and done correctly Do not waste your money on this one.

Our second Escalade, this ones the best!
By Vegasb on 10/10/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

Great SUV, even though it is a Hybrid the power is considerable. When comparing to other vehicles such as the Range Rover and GL550, they just don't match up for the features and the price. My wife uses this vehicle and it is perfect for our family.

Swag!
By FormerJapaneseBuyer on 06/03/09 17:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I'll cut to the chase: 18 MPG AVG for me, iPhone 3G pairs easily and Bluetooth works great; kids can watch and listen to movie with included Bluetooth headphones - while parents listen to 6-disc CDs/XM; rear console A/V jacks keeps cable out of sight when hooking up to iPhone or 111 game Nintendo knock-off or PSP; exterior styling says, "yeah, I gettin moneh" as well as prompts jealous onlookers. I own a Prius and used to buy japanese cars exclusively - but not anymore! I'm 33 y/o and I rock (and I thank God/Allah/Yaweh - whoever is responsible for giving me what I have - if he/she really exists).

WOW!!!!!
By escaladelover on 05/03/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum Edition 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

What a beautiful SUV!!!!! Such a nice and luxurious exterior and interior. The fuel economy for a hybrid is unbelievable!!! My escalade averages around 21.2 MPG for city and around 20 MPG for highway which is magnificent for a vehicle this size!!!!

Love It !
By Frank on 04/14/09 08:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I traded in a 2007 Tahoe for the Escalade and so far I am very impressed with the performance. You step on the gas and the performance is much better than I was expecting from a hybrid. I am getting 20.7 MPG combined City/Highway driving with mildly conservative driving habits.The fit and finish is what you would expect from Cadillac and is fun to drive.

Enjoy the ride
By walt on 02/24/09 09:08 AM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Enjoy the car a lot. We traded in a Volvo XC-90 and enjoy an increase of about 5 mpg and (more important to the wife) an increase of about a 200 miles between fill-ups. The Escalade has performed flawlessly and the tight turning radius makes it easy to park. The magnetic ride control easily makes this the best riding vehicle I have ever owned.

Smooth Ride
By ? on 01/01/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid 4dr SUV 4WD (6.0L 8cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This is my third Escalade. Hybrid is very quiet. The 2007 was really loud. Very smooth acceleration. Ride is 75% better than 2007 vehicle. The bluetooth is great to have although should have been available on the 2007. Hybrid gets 18-19 on average which for me is acceptable. Love the vehicle. Do not drive like a full size sport utility. Best large SUV on the road. Have driven it 4K miles. Flawless.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid in VA is:

$151 per month*