2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed - (10 reviews )
Ideal Truck for Me
By pfromd on 09/23/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Love my '08 truck. It turns heads even in Texas where trucks are dime a dozen. Bought it used with 60k, driven 12k in 6 months, no complaints. Pull a boat, take it off the pavement, rinse it off, go to dinner and have it valeted in front row next to all the "me too" luxury cars. Enjoy!

Transmission -Throttle
By snowball3 on 05/20/11 15:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Have a 2008, bought new 26 months ago, worst investment, I've bought 4 Avalanche 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007 all I have enjoyed, but this Cad is the pitts. It not bad during winter but I live in Texas and you know it get hot. When A/C is on this truck will not shift right (been in to dealership repeatly, even the Owner of Dealership took it for a week and GM refuses to to fix it, told me to live with it or they would trade me out with imtimidation as trade difference.(I have bought several CADS. FROM THIS DEALERSHIP) GM knows they have a problem with the shifting and throttle body. you press petal to floor and get it to jump into first gear-then you are getting on brakes and transmission locks up

Class Truck Style
By Monty on 10/25/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best truck that I have ever owned. The power, the ride, the look is too much! The heated seats, retracting side step, Nav, DVD all of which is very nice in a truck. Only problem that I have had is when you have the passenger air bag replaced (due to lite comming on and dealer said that it need to be replaced) they were unable to get the airbag flush with the dash. They have put 6 in and none of them will lay flush.

THEY ARE WRONG
By KING RALPH on 10/16/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Perfect .... No bed cover leaks ever..nothing has been better than my 2004 silverado SS for doing it all but this CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT. Yes they fixed everything in the 2009 model, telescoping steering wheel,side radar enhancement and a few other small details. BOSE sound is the BEST of the CLASS!!! RIDES like a dream,and handles well too. BIG TRUCK WITH BIGGER HORSEPOWER. Will pull anything you want and all wheel drive gets it done. Add a supercharger and look out, Have you got one fast and furious ride! This truck is almost perfect and I will have another one in a few years. DA KING has SPOKEN...LONG LIVE THE KING.

Top of the Line Avalanche!
By Steve Hays on 06/03/09 11:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had two Avalanches before buying a Ford Super Duty for the diesel engine...what a mistake! Don't know if it was the new '08 diesel 6.4L or what, but fuel economy was miserable, 12mpg in town, 16mpg on interstate with no towing. I also missed the versatility of the Avalanche: side cargo bins, heavy duty covers, waterproof rear bed, and the expandable bed size. Not only that, but the EXT adds significant comfort and features: NAV, DVD entertainment, heated/cooled seats, luxurious and beautiful interior, and great looks. Take it easy on the gas pedal and you'll be getting 15-16mpg in town, 20mpg on the interstate. Hauls tools, gear, toys, and projects with ease. The ultimate upgrade!

EXT BEAST - TOTALLY UNIQUE
By briefboy on 05/30/09 16:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Its a beast.. but totally fun and decadent. Nothing better to impress. Stereo is inceiable, seats are better than my living room. Bed cover leaked on delivery but was quickly fixed by dealer. I LOVE THE EXT BEAST!!!

Forget the back seat
By Eddie Mae on 11/25/08 03:59 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Wanted comfortable towing vehicle, I got that. Bed cover leaks, dealer does not tell you that, but, it is in the vehicles manual (now who reads this before buying). The back seat is useless. I am 5'2" and rode in the back seat for 200 miles and was never so uncomfortable! Maybe a child could, I say maybe! I am pleased with the towing ability that is great. As far as 14 mpg. I consistently get 12.5

Finally an American car that can
By Gvic on 03/31/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

First American car to buy, I would say impressed, but still years behind in technology from the rest of the world. It could be better if they could add basic techs stuff that cheap Japanese cars have, otherwise a fun car to drive and to look at. Hope the dealer stop calling me for extending warranty.

Cadillac for the young!!!
By lberk on 03/25/08 07:41 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Living in South Florida presents some unique driving experiences and obstacles. So I traded in my 2006 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible for something more utilitarian and safer for the wild roads of South Florida, my 2008 Escalade EXT. I love this truck. The buying experience was great as the dealership, coral cadillac, was a pleasure to deal with to the drive of the truck anything but that of a truck. Smooth over any type of road. It looks great (Black with the 22" chrome rims!). I can put my sons go-kart in the back and makes trips to Home depot easier. In sum, this is great truck and I look rugged pulling up to the court house next to the other attorneys driving there puny Benz's.

Cadillac EXT
By bodekorte on 12/08/07 10:28 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This has to be one of the best if not the best trucks on the market today. This truck has excellent steering and handling very fun and easy to drive. Also comes with many optional features to enhance your driving experience with this truck.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT in VA is:

$151 per month*