Used 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Escalade-ext - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Base 6.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed - (17 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Nice Truck
By jkainey

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my '04 EXT for this '07. The '07 has much better fit and finish and the new engine is very powerful. I am not crazy about the 6 speed trans. because it is always shifting, and I am experiencing a severe vibration when in overdive. The dealer I bought this from has a top notch service department and they think this might have something to do with the trans. or the differential, either way it only has 1,000 miles on it and there shouldn't be anything wrong.

Favorite Features

I love the look of the 22" chrome rims but I think the low profile tires make it ride harder. Nav. system is great/larger screen. Love the cooled seats, remote start, and rain sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

Center console seems very loose. Center caps on my 22" rims keep flying off. Seats in my '04 were more comfortable.

Way Improved over my past 2004 EXT
By Theweavman

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Very quiet and smooth. Nice new features. Lots of power. However, does not feel quite as quick as my 04 EXT, that only had a 4 speed automatic & 345 HP. Acceleration from lower speeds feels like the engine's power is not fully making it to the wheels. Acceleration from higher freeway speeds is awsome. This vehicle does so many things well, that it is hard for me to consider driving anything else. Let's see, It has nice overall styling, great power, luxury seating / interior & comforts that match just about any luxury vehicle, plus tremendious utility. Could use an MP3, bluetooth hook-up, and more cubby storage spaces inside.Those minor things aside, a safe practical vehicle for many purposes.

Favorite Features

Quiet and smooth ride, great power. Very nice luxury car like interior with plently of room, for passengers and cargo. Versatility, AWD, towing. Great new touch screen NAV & radio, much improved. Power side steps are pretty cool, and finally a power lock for the tailgate. Remote start also nice.

Suggested Improvements

A power opening & closing tailgate would be nice. A slide out cargo bed platform would also make loading and unloading easier, without having to open the bed cover as often. MP3 and bluetooth should be included, more inside storage compartments,and bring back the front seat fold down armrests

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
By Dave

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

The 2007 Escalade EXT is my 3rd Cadillac truck. I miss the sun visors from prior models. My 2003 had two visors with a pull out for the 3rd visor. Now there is only one and you are forced to set in a different position to keep the Florida sun out of your eyes. The tailgate is a total design flop. The painted surface sticks up higher than the black deck. If you use it as a TRUCK you will soon see all the paint gone on the edge of the tail gate. Probably like all vehicles the price went up and the quality went down hill.

Favorite Features

I do like the new screen with GPS, radio, etc. all touch screen and it easy to operate.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the tailgate problem for future owners as its truly a design flaw.

Dynomite Truck, but...
By winterhawk

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck just before Thanksgiving after haggling with the uncooperative dealer for a month. It was well worth the wait. It has superb styling and comfort, beautiful Diamond White paint, 22" wheels and best of all NO sunroof! The Escalade EXT has excellent power and great handling for a truck, but terrible fuel economy. Also, the lack of interior storage space is disappointing, it does not even have a sunglasses holder like my Suburbans had. The console storage is very limited and anything stored in the top part is dumped around every time the lower console is accessed. It has a great instrument panel layout. The heated/cooled seats are very comfortable. I love the heat for my sore old back! This truck has superb headlights and driving lights.

Favorite Features

this truck has superb styling and power! Plus it is a real head turner! It delivers excellent sports car handling. The covered bed is weatherproof and secure. It has excellent interior/exterior lighting. The rain sensing wipers are the absolute berries! It has plenty of head room even for my 6'6" frame. The navigation/back up camera are great. I love the heated steering wheel!

Suggested Improvements

The transmission is not as smooth as one would expect on a Cadillac. Its really poor fuel economy will not help resale value. I don't like the aforementioned lack of interior storage space. The glove box is too small to even store the user's manual. It needs Bluetooth compatibility.

Sweet ride, but can be better
By Rob

2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 4dr Crew Cab AWD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second EXT and I think this truck looks and rides great. I kinda liked the "body armor" that the '05 had but I'll get used to it. As far as mileage, you don't buy a truck like this for economy. Still, Cadillac needs to stop cutting corners and go all out, we will buy it even if it cost more.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, paint, sound system. I would like to see a subwoofer. Headlights, gadgets.

Suggested Improvements

Fix wind noise, quit being cheap, go back to old seats and visors,